Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall, I need a strut bar for my 2000 ZTS, but I am having no luck finding anything online, if anybody can suggest a website or post a link that would be awesome.

·
Registered
491 Posts

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
Check out www.focussport.com. The have red, blue, and black available for only $79.95 on sale right now. The polished one is $99.95. [thumb]

Mike

edit: Damn, got beat to it. BTW, the quality of the FocusSport ones is top notch.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you gentlemen, I tried the google thing but I kept getting this gay toucan strut bar that said that I had to buy their intake with it, oh well, thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
958 Posts
just got my front & rear on wed, front is already in and rear is going in today...look for my how-to in the next couple of days

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,102 Posts
BagginWagon said:
Ah, you need an aftermarket intake with any strutbar.
Um no. I put my stock intake on when i go to the dealer and it fits right on with out any problems and the same thing with my volant.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I was under the impression, you need an aftermarket intake if you own an SPI or Zetec.

What strut bar do you have?

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,102 Posts
no. The bar is bent to 'wedge' itself inbewtween the fuse box and intake box, wether it be an aftermarket intake or stock intake. I would have a pic to show you, but i guess i haven't taken any of the engine bay since i installed it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
FocusSport Upper-Front Stress Bars
An upper-front stress bar is an essential bolt on for all street & competition Ford Focus cars. The bar's rigid design helps to reduce the roll and twist of the front sheet metal frame, and in doing so quickens steering response and improves turn-in. Construction consists of strong 14-gauge mandrel bent heavy wall 7/8" diameter steel tubing. The tubing is then welded to 1/8" laser cut steel mounting plates. Designed specifically around the constraints of US model cars, the bar requires no modification of surrounding components (ie: Brake booster, fuse box, air box) when used in conjunction with the FocusSport Cool-Flo or the stock factory air box. Fits all SPI, Zetec, and SVT models and also now available for the Duratec 2.3L & 2.0L. The FocusSport upper-front stress bar is available in your choice of polished ceramic coated or colored powdercoated finish.

Ok, I was wrong. [screwy]

·
Registered
958 Posts
BagginWagon said:
"take 3 bolts off, put bar on, tighten 3 bolts" That's a long how to! lol
close but i was talking about the rear install...since there is hardly any info about the how to do it

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well i just placed the order, got black, thank you for the all of the help

1 - 14 of 14 Posts