Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
FocusXtreme
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering since you used and see them both .
which ones are stronger SVT rods or eagle[???:)]

·
FF Affiliate
30,935 Posts
The SVT is a forged rod and will take a lot to break them but i feel the eagle is the stronger of the 2 rods , if your modding your engine there isnt any pistons out there to fit the pin size of the SVT rod

The Crower would be my first choise

Tom

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Eagle will be much stronger, but you could get a set of svt rods cheaper.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
....hang 'em from your &%*k so it woud get longer...[rolleyes]

·
FocusXtreme
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
finalley said:
....hang 'em from your &%*k so it woud get longer...[rolleyes]
I tried that didn't work[:D]

I was just wondering because side by side the SVT rods look stronger at the bottom.
so it looks like the rods will exceed the piston strength

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Yes there are pistons out there for your information.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I already had Ross price me a set. These are the pistons that i use when i build an engine. Granted, these are more expensive than just buying off the shelf aftermarket pistons, but i dont cut corners when i build an engine. Youll be hard pressed to find better pistons for the $.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Honestly, i can give my price out, they give me dealer prices, but you can contact them directly. They make pistons per order and by how you want them built. Or, better yet, PM me with what spec pistons you want and ill find out what i can get them for. Ill nedd what bore, compression, etc.....

·
FF Affiliate
30,935 Posts
b16sir1991 said:
but i dont cut corners when i build an engine.
Anything less than Crower Billet Rods in a FI engine is cutting corners. Anything less than Eagle rods in a NA engine is cutting corners , Its my opinion by testing with both stress and rockwell the Eagle is stronger than the stock SVT and the Crower is better than both by far

As for Ross/Probe they will make a piston for anyone any size any compression but they fall under a custom piston and cost about 400 to 480 for a set but so will any of the other Piston Co. out there

Do the eagle rods/ Crowers if there in the budget some pistons from McNews in the Diamonds or CFM has the JE this will make you the safest engine

There are NO shelf pistons for the SVT

Tom

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I didnt say they were shelf pistons Tom. And i didnt say i was using the svt rods either, but can be done by someone if they want to. I was just stating that you can get some with the correct pin. Stop acting like im saying things im not. I was just stating that there are options out there. If you wish to continue this discussion, you can PM me instead of putting words in my mouth.

·
FF Affiliate
30,935 Posts
L O L, Im not putting anything in your mouth you said all the things i replied to , I didnt pull them out of thin air there there where you said them go look

My opinion is if your building your engine using the stock SVT rod isnt an option to look at

Tom

·
FocusXtreme
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My rod question has been anwsered[:D]

Tom do you have a way of up grading the oil pump to handle more RPM

·
FF Affiliate
30,935 Posts
I was working on billet gears and that would cure the problem but not sure if im going to finish them , not sure if there is a market for them

Tom

·
Registered
441 Posts
yes tom please finish up those gears i've been waiting for the longest time on this upgrade. I'm already waiting on that part that ray is having made. I don't know if he wants that out on the forum yet but i'm sure you know what i'm talking about. But thats not a garrantee but between that and the upgraded gears i'd be good to go. at least to 8500 possibly 9000 safely.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts