Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2011 Focus SE a month ago. Got home and found that the driver's door latch wasn't responding to the FOB. Took it do the dealer, they said defective latch and ordered a new part. Part came in and they installed it.

Door works fine but now there is a heavy vibration coming from the door when the speaker is playing any sound with a normal bass level. I've always been a believer that once the car goes into the shop, it never comes out the same. Is this one of those cases? Did they break all of the factory seals and now that it has lost that 1-2% integrity, I'm doomed to having this terrible vibration sound?

Its not like a part is rattling around, it sounds like the plastic door components are vibrating against each-other due to seal breakage or something.

Its such a shame because the car is brand new. :(

Am I SOL? Is there anything I can do to fix it myself? The vibration started to occur the 1st time they took the door apart to diagnose it; I told them about it then and they said they would fix it on the second visit when the installed the part. Sadly, it still occurs. I feel like they will never be able to fix it 100%.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I have never had the door panel of an 11 Focus but I've had them off other cars before and its generally layers of foam and glue and random insulating materials. There are commercial materials like dynamat and hushmat, foam sprays and as home insulating materials from the hardware store that can be added to any car. Its also possible that the speaker was damaged while the door panel was off which can make a terrible rattle too.

I've always been a believer that once the car goes into the shop, it never comes out the same..
I know what you mean by this and its exactly the reason I started learning as much as I could. Unfortunately when little things liek thsi come up under warranty you have no other choice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My guess would be the missed a clip when they were popping the door back into place. once the door panel is off its true they usually are never the same, but shouldn't be that bad

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
WolframNHart,

With your Focus being so new, I completely understand wanting it to remain quiet. I recommend contacting Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre at 1.800.565.3673. They will be in the best position to assist.

~Natasha

·
Premium Member
21,256 Posts
Am I SOL? Is there anything I can do to fix it myself? The vibration started to occur the 1st time they took the door apart to diagnose it; I told them about it then and they said they would fix it on the second visit when the installed the part. Sadly, it still occurs. I feel like they will never be able to fix it 100%.
You're only SOL if you want to be. Keep at it, and eventually they will fix it. They are hoping you go away, and don't keep complaining.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts