Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Failures of the purge and vent valves should be unrelated.

Paul
I guess it was just a fluke thing that both parts decided to go bad at once without any check CEL.

But on the good side that seemed to of been the problem. Fill tank yesterday and no smell in the garage as of this morning. [cheers]

Thanks again for all your help,
Allcrusien

·
Registered
980 Posts
I guess it was just a fluke thing that both parts decided to go bad at once without any check CEL.

But on the good side that seemed to of been the problem. Fill tank yesterday and no smell in the garage as of this morning. [cheers]

Thanks again for all your help,
Allcrusien
[thumb]

Paul

·
Registered
980 Posts
CEL is working? (lights up with key on engine off).
I would still check on a OBDII scan tool that your EVAP monitor is complete and OK/Passed (should look like attached pics below from my 2002 Zetec 5-speed wagon and my dinky 10 year old Actron scan tool)

Good luck
Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
CEL is working?
Yes Paul, The CEL is working and my Actron code reader is different then yours but it did read all "Systems Passed"

I have had a code in the pass without having a CEL reading a "bad gas cap" also the light on the dash for the gas cap on with key but not lit when I got the code [scratch]

I do both KOEO and KOER tests.

Again, I really appreciate all your help and really believe you helped me get to the bottom of this issue. [cheers]

Thanks,
Allcruisen

21 - 24 of 24 Posts