Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I am not going to come on here and ask what I need to achieve 200whp, That is Just foolish everybody makes what they can by what they can afford. Heres my Dilemma,

I race Stock Cars, mine being an SVT Focus. First basic rule of thumb in any 4 cylinder class is NO TURBOS or SUPERCHARGERS, so dont brow beat me with why dont you go FI.. My SVT is a terd off the corner, and with the mods I already have this is unacceptable.

I am looking for within the next month,a 2300 lower end for my SVT, mated with a good head and cams. Full tune header,cam gears etc. I want big power naturally aspirated Period. So here enlies my question. Does anyone have a stroked svt motor laying around or that they want to sell?? Secondly If i can get ahold of Tom I want to bring this down and have him tune it.

I have also seen many threads in regards to N/A horsepower, but none of them touch on the HP you can get out of a stroked N/A motor, if so they are very vague.. Does anyone have numbers for stroked 2300 N/A motors??

Tom If your reading this can you contact me asap, thanks FRED

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
High compression. Really high compression.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Already built an MTX75 welded with 4.06... Thanks..

·
Registered
548 Posts
I don't have any numbers, but I have a 2.3 stroker in a CGI block laying around. There's a thread here when Tom tuned a stroker motor like mine with a centi SC & even before it went in to boost Tom or the owner (Rudel) said that it pulled like a freight train so I can imagine the numbers with the right head/cam combo.

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
I have also seen many threads in regards to N/A horsepower, but none of them touch on the HP you can get out of a stroked N/A motor, if so they are very vague.. Does anyone have numbers for stroked 2300 N/A motors??

Tom If your reading this can you contact me asap, thanks FRED
Yeah, I remember Tom doing the 2.3 strokers. I'm pretty sure he claimed 25% more tq or hp or something. You could definitely hit 200hp with that!

I'll try to find the thread for you to read until you get a hold of Tom.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't have any numbers, but I have a 2.3 stroker in a CGI block laying around. There's a thread here when Tom tuned a stroker motor like mine with a centi SC & even before it went in to boost Tom or the owner (Rudel) said that it pulled like a freight train so I can imagine the numbers with the right head/cam combo.
Is the stroker for sale if so how much?? Thanks for the info I'd love to read the thread.. I understand it takes money Tom and I'm willing to bring the car to you from Maine to get this thing straightened out.. Can you call me at your earliest convenience. I'm serious about building a motor and after this weekend I want to do it sooner then later..

·
Registered
548 Posts
At one point I thought I might have to sell it because two years ago my wife had to quit working due to a illness & we lost half of our income & health insurance in a instant then the economy went to shit. So my number one priority became hanging on to my house & slowly I started to dig in my collection of 1st gen. focus performance parts to survive. Luckily I got promoted & I got to hang on to this beautiful piece of American steel craftsmanship. I want to build it into my SVTF, but I can't wait any longer for the massive head. So with my 2000 zx3 taken apart and Karl @ massive ready to sell me one of there ultimate zetec head this is my current project.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What's the ultimate zetec head?? I have a zetec with a modded head on it. Can you tell me how to identify it??

·
Registered
55 Posts
i have 12:1 compression wisecos that you could buy, LMK.

P.S. ultimate zetec head..... i know a guy that can get a zetec head ~ 280(I) & ~260(E)

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
AFAIK, tom said rudel has the only running stroker kit and there were only 6 of them out there, i don't know if he has any more left. so it may be hard to get it!! if you can't, don't fret. just build a 13:1 CR bottom end and a custom ported SVT head w/ the largest cams you can along w/ the header to match, either svt or FSwerks straight race header, and a set of ITB's. all in all, ur looking about 7k for a motor build of that caliber, but you will hit well over 200 whp.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Hit up Karl at Massive. He is supposed to be putting together an SVT head. Their Zetec head is already the best there is.

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
At one point I thought I might have to sell it because two years ago my wife had to quit working due to a illness & we lost half of our income & health insurance in a instant then the economy went to shit. So my number one priority became hanging on to my house & slowly I started to dig in my collection of 1st gen. focus performance parts to survive. Luckily I got promoted & I got to hang on to this beautiful piece of American steel craftsmanship. I want to build it into my SVTF, but I can't wait any longer for the massive head. So with my 2000 zx3 taken apart and Karl @ massive ready to sell me one of there ultimate zetec head this is my current project.
Get the Ford Racing head , In my opinion just as much HP and TQ and for much much less money , The Ford Racing head is by far the best bang for the buck and there are no dynos to prove other wise

Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts