Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
keep the stripes but remove the stickers on the quarter panel.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Now black glossy powdercoat those 5 spokes and get suspension and call it a day

·
Zzzykeyah!!!!!!
2,950 Posts
Looks way better with out the stickers. I like the stripes though. I would get some stock tail lights to.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
^^ like they said. Lose the ebay tail lights, put a drop and black wheels (put a red pinstripe in wheels for added pop)

personally, im not a fan of the midwing or the patio you have on top, but thats just me.

I think the strips are pretty cool though, they arent overkill.

·
Love CA / Hate CARB
2,160 Posts
What you asked about: stripes look good.

My own opinion about other stuff: Your wheels look fine in that color, the car sits fine where it is (though a drop would make it look even better), stickers gone looks WAY better, taillights look rice-ish, and I would need a better rear view to see what I think of the wings. My first thought is that the mid-wing would look fine if it were paired with an SVT or SAP upper spoiler, but the current upper spoiler pushes it over the edge.

You do have a nice SVT. Good job.

·
Zzzykeyah!!!!!!
2,950 Posts
Oh and i love the autobot sticker lol. Huge fan of transformers. I have one on my rear window.

·
Registered
495 Posts
love the stripes! ...whats the story on the ken block sig? and if its real, did you hit that with some clear coat?

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Its real ken block was at one of the cars and coffee in socal and met a couple of the ff members sighning cars and taking pics. Unfortunately I work on Saturdays so I missed out

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes the Ken Block sig is real. I did not clear coat it, I went over it with a paint pen. I also had him sign the engine compartment fuze box cover. The Mid wing stays. However I do want to replace the wings west whale tail with either the Saleen or the WRC spoiler. In fact I once saw a GT spoiler with a mount that I would have to draw to describe and I have only seen it once. The tail lights were on the car when I bought it and I haven't gotten around to changing them out. I am most likely going to just smoke out some stock ones. And they aren't E-bay...... they are worse... APC.

On the to do list are...
Front and rear strut bars.
Rear sway bar.
ORP
2.5 flex
Tune

Suspension is debatable.... as it is I scrape alot. Lowering the car will make that MUCH worse.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I don't want to be a hater but I'm going to be. The stripes need to go, as do the tails, midwing, top wing, and the hood. I'm glad you got rid of the decals though. I'd trade the hood for a lightweight OEM one and sell the tails and both wings and invest in a nice suspension setup. That could be a really nice ride if you just turned the rice dial down from 10 to about a 6.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
U have to remember that yes springs lower but they usually have a higher spring rates and it is best to slow down for bumps anyways hahaha

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't want to be a hater but I'm going to be. The stripes need to go, as do the tails, midwing, top wing, and the hood. I'm glad you got rid of the decals though. I'd trade the hood for a lightweight OEM one and sell the tails and both wings and invest in a nice suspension setup. That could be a really nice ride if you just turned the rice dial down from 10 to about a 6.
The hood stays till I find one of the carbon fiber Focus Central ones with the NACA duct. As for the wings, you must not drive at the speeds I do.

As I said before, the car was purchased with the tail lights and wings already in place.

It's cool that you're a hater. You are also Canadian.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
U have to remember that yes springs lower but they usually have a higher spring rates and it is best to slow down for bumps anyways hahaha
I know that most lowering springs have higher rates BUT, there are other things that I want to do before I drop my car. Plus it isn't like the SVTF handles poorly. If it did it would have been one of the first things I would have done. [thankyou]

If you saw some of the hills, gutters, ditches, driveways ect. around my house you would understand my reluctance to lower my car.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
I know that most lowering springs have higher rates BUT, there are other things that I want to do before I drop my car. Plus it isn't like the SVTF handles poorly. If it did it would have been one of the first things I would have done. [thankyou]

If you saw some of the hills, gutters, ditches, driveways ect. around my house you would understand my reluctance to lower my car.
my previous focus had sportlines when i lived on a ranch in AZ.

If i can do it on dirt, you can do it on pavement [hihi][hihi][hihi]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts