Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
zetec focus vs 03 civic si

i was racing one of the new civic si's last week and was expecting it to whoop my a$$. to my suprise we stayed side by side the whole time. When we reached the upper RPM's, the civic pulled ahead a bit, but a soon as i upshifted we were right back where we started. we race all the way up to the 108 limiter. but was this a fluke, or does it sound right? by the way, you should've seen the guy's g/f laughin at him. he couldn't beat a focus SE. [:D]

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
typo: he couldn't*

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had almost the same thing happen to me... i have a 00 zx3 with some mods and a civic hatchback SI was messin with me and we got to a light and he couldn't keep up ... i thought maybe it was a fluke but i doubt it i cut out at like 80 to be safe, but to that point he was a length behind me.

·
Registered
793 Posts
i raced a si and lost b/c i had 0 traction and he launched perfectly, good race anyways

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
LOL...that's a good story.
You have any mods done to your car?

·
Registered
8 Posts
(i'm posting this under my girlfriends name)
My gf has a 2000 focus zx3, and I own a 2003 civic si( as daily driver) completely stock. In response to your question on these cars vtec makes no difference, meaning the car does not pull away more when it kicks in(you can't even hear it and that sux). but, in response we both have run the si against focus zetecs and have left them by a couple of cars. Maybe the guy was misshifting, or just not a good driver. Maybe that's why his gf was laughing.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have raced my buddies Prelude with the Vtec. It has good mods on top of being a prelude. And no i didnt expect to beat a prelude. Anyway I was with him until the VTEC said enough is enough. And yes I did hear it kick in and he was so gone. lol All I could do was laugh.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have a short ram intake and a muffler. hmmmm..........it must have been my clear side markers. :)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
the clear markers give me plenty of hp
[hihi]

·
Registered
8 Posts
to clear things up, on regular vtec engines the vtec kicks in and the car pulls away more, but on the new i-vtec you can't hear or notice anything.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
i don't even bother with si's they are slow when i race um. hehehe unless the d00d is revin like a jackass. then i show him foci powwa! : )
my mom wanted me to buy a honda si she would have paid the difference cause hondas are better built than ford, but being the blue oval loyalist i am i got the focus...so now i pay my focus by myself which isn't a biggy.
i still remember they had 2 black ones both were 19k except the other one had suspension done up, and rims it looked nice but i cant drive what looks like a shrunken caravan. plus the shifter is soooooo and i cant say this any bolder FAWKING GHEY! seriously fawking GHEY. imagine "si mike" it doesn't even sound good. i am proud to be FOCUS MIKE HEHEHEHEHEHE BWAHAHA lol

·
Registered
84 Posts
Its called torque. The Si weighs in at 2700lbs, the focus zx3 weighs in at 2500. Also, if you look at the torque in the Si its something like 132ft lbs. The focus is 135ft lbs.

Nuff said...

·
Registered
697 Posts
Charla said:
to clear things up, on regular vtec engines the vtec kicks in and the car pulls away more, but on the new i-vtec you can't hear or notice anything.
Imaginary-VTEC

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
[idea] good one. I'll have to take on my buddy with his SI. Thing is... he's been street racing since age 17. I've just started stick a month ago. Tips to take him on?

1 - 20 of 132 Posts