Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ran an RSX type-s

Last night I was out picking up a friend and on the way back from her getting food at the ol' Jack in the Box there was a tan RSX type-s at the light that I was coming up to. He started the race by revving so I willing revved back and as the light turned green we both smoked... couldn't hook it up. So as we finally stopped burning out and actually started going we were dead even all the way through the end of second gear for me he was already in third for a few seconds.

I know it's nohting to rant over but I thought it was cool to keep right up there with an RSX type-s...

Just for the record... he was running an intake, exhaust, and supposedly a tune... I didn't know those things had to tuner software like us... sorry if that sounded stupid... lol

I was running the intake, exhaust, header, and tune.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
The K20 is a great engine. Congrats for staying with it!

If ya see him again, ask if he has a K-Pro. Those things are awesome for tuning.

·
Registered
267 Posts
all i can say is that guy is a noob, and ur a good driver. cuz if its a new type-s 05+ those things are wickedly fast. and damn do they respond to mods. intake alone gives it like 15 hp.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Sure the Type S has 200hp, but it only has 140ft-lbs. (a little crappy for a $25k car IMO). An ST (with it's 156ft-lbs. of torque) seems like it could easily keep up with it.

Also seeing how both of your cars were modified with pretty much the same mods, the ST is still uber over the Type S.

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
woo! Go matt!! that's [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] rad dude! Now i'm even more excited about having the header on my focus [:D]

Do you think you could'a kept up if you didn't have your cossie header on?

·
Registered
267 Posts
all im sayin is my friend's type-s with jus intake and headers, beat a 350z with i/h/e and driven by a guy every1 regards as one of the best drivers. i know i didnt use to think they were fast either. but the new ones are a lot faster than the old ones, and it'll spank a svt.

·
Registered
267 Posts
and notice i didnt say it was impossible that u kept up, i doubt u at all. hell my atx focus beat a rx-8 at the track, im jus sayin that don't think b/c u kept up with one type-s ur on that level.

·
Registered
267 Posts
TriniZX3 said:
and notice i didnt say it was impossible that u kept up, i don't doubt u at all. hell my atx focus beat a rx-8 at the track, im jus sayin that don't think b/c u kept up with one type-s ur on that level.

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Ya the RSX-S is definitely a fast car but apparently so is the ST [:D]

With the impressive torque of the ST and the wider gears, the S might have met it's match!

Plus Matt has that header that I will soon have on my car! I'm gonna run an S when my car's done being modded.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
dazada said:
Sure the Type S has 200hp, but it only has 140ft-lbs. (a little crappy for a $25k car IMO). An ST (with it's 156ft-lbs. of torque) seems like it could easily keep up with it.

Also seeing how both of your cars were modified with pretty much the same mods, the ST is still uber over the Type S.

·
AAAHHHHH!!!!
4,304 Posts
sorry, but i say this is probably due to a bad driver in the rsx. once you guys started building speed he should have walked all over you.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
bigjordan said:
sorry, but i say this is probably due to a bad driver in the rsx. once you guys started building speed he should have walked all over you.
I want to argue with you, but there's no point. [:(]

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
bigjordan said:
I see what you are saying... it wasn't new...it was prolly an 04 or an 05, it looked pretty new... he had a very surprised expression on his face... he lives right down the street from where I live so... he isn't the best driver and he's not the worst... and the same goes for me.

Sorry but an RSX type-s met it's match... I have the header which SOMEWHAT<--- read that puts me in the type-s' class.... look at an RSX and maybe take about .4 of a second off and then look at what the ST does with intake, header, exhaust, and tune, kinda the same.[thumb]

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
turbovation said:
woo! Go matt!! that's [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] rad dude! Now i'm even more excited about having the header on my focus [:D]

Do you think you could'a kept up if you didn't have your cossie header on?
No I woulda lost... no way would I have kept up.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bigjordan said:
How do you figure this though??? I am prolly putting down 160-162 whp according to other peoples dyno with my same mods and he was prolly putting down about the same to the wheels and i definately have much more torque.[thumb]

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know that I keep posting but I like to make my points when they come to mind.

The RSX S changed in 05+ obviously and just for a good laugh... the 05+ gained 10 more crank hp and [rolf] 1 more ft. lbs. of torque. They can't be that much faster than than the previous ones... I think the only reason that it gained that little power was because they rasied the redline quite a bit.

http://modernracer.com/acurarsxtypes.html

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
lol. good points matt! Your ST must haul ass. I'm real stoked about taking that potato out of my exhaust cause even if it's loud it's gonna be quick!!! real freaking quick!

That last post cracks me up the most...1 extra ft. lb. was probably a sticker or badge. I know some stickers can add 10 HP each.

·
AAAHHHHH!!!!
4,304 Posts
my logic is that the rsx had a good bit more horsepower than your car. to start out, you were already lacking around 50hp on him and with similar mods i doubt that you made much if any of it up. the duratec may respond well to boltons, but the k20 in the rsx is widely regarded as the best naturally aspirated 4cylinder on the market today and responds quite well itself. therefore, assuming that he still had his massive horsepower advantage over you, then he should have pulled away pretty easily after you guys got up to speed. it may have been a close race at lower speeds with the duratecs plentiful torque, but the modded rsx's horsepower advantage would have come into play eventually. do i think that you could run with a stock rsx-s?? yes perhaps, but you did say that he was modded.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.