Focus Fanatics Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Street racing post rules updated

2K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  Goat Roper 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Five-worded sentence: Take it to a track.

Simple.

You play golf on a golf course...hockey on an ice rink...football on a field...basketball on a court...and race at a TRACK!!

#3 ·
OandAWOW said:

Simple.

You play golf on a golf course...hockey on an ice rink...football on a field...basketball on a court...and race at a TRACK!!
Amen

#4 ·
OandAWOW said:

Simple.

Update!

Golf - street - don't ask.
Hockey - street - inline.
Football - street - cars are the endzones!
Basketball - street - grass is out of bounds.
Race - street - more everyday opportunity.

Just messing with ya, but yea, track is the safest bets even though any stop light can become a staging area with a look and a rev.

SAFETY FIRST!

#5 ·
Wouldn't it be easier just to ban all SR topics? The current rules are more along the lines of "You can only talk about murders you commited if..."

#10 ·
Poney said:
some of us just dont have the option to go to a track.

in small hick towns, blocked off back roads are just as good.
The back empty roads are not what we are trying to get away from its the I was in heavy traffic and beat the hell out of a civic thing that needs to go.

If the post is respectable its not really a big deal.

#15 ·
witchcitySVT said:
I now have a life mission.
Don't do it, those donkey's (especially the Jackass GT) put down some MEAN torque. I'd bet they take you off the line easy!

[thumb]

#16 ·
It's a good thing I love this site, and the information it provides. THis is such PC Bullsh$&! Political correctness is ruining our country, and now my favorite website. WHat is FF.com so afraid of. Some chump killing himself in a race and then they're parents sueing FF.com because they talked about racing? Come on, seriously. I love this site, but I can't tell good stories because they get edited or deleted. People need to learn an idea called personal responsibility. Freedom of Speech is an idea the internet should be taking full advantage of, not couring in fear of litigation.

So now my stories look like this: I took off and redlined 1st gear dumped into second and we were off. Doing 35 MPH posted speed limit, I redlined 3rd gear and dropped into fourth and was pulling strong on the guy, still doing the posted 35. Weak, very weak. Racing is bad yes, but jumping at a light with a like minded person next to you should not be banned. Anyone who says they never speed or race a little bit is lying, plain and simple, and FF.com needs to man up and let people talk. Since when did talk become illegal on the net?

BTW, I love EVERYTHING ELSE about this site. Anyone else feel this way and not afraid to say it out loud?

P.S. Can we tell stories with gears shown? Like " I redlined fourth and kept going a bit more in fifth to get a full car length on the guy," We all know ABOUT how fast redline in 4th gear is, and we all know it is well over any posted speed limit. If that is still bad? If so, this is getting ridiculous. You can't even redline 3rd gear without speeding, so noone here can ever talk about redlining any gear but 1st and second. Is that what we've come to?

#17 ·
Cliff, it's cool, I understand your side of the argument, so try and understand my side of the argument.

Street racing, whether or not it is done 40 miles away from civilization or down the street past a daycare will always be viewed at by the majority of society as going past that daycare. Now I agree that is bullshit but that is just the way it is. Is it a matter of the sins of the few become the sins of the many by proxy? Yes, it does unfortunately.

We never hear on the news of the street races that went fine and they announce who got their ass handed to them on the 10 o'clock news or scroll it at the bottom of CNN. No, we hear about the morons racing in traffic, in the thick of population, slamming into family vans full of kids. Because of this, any street racing you do, no matter how safe and away from everyone, will be viewed in a negative light.

This is not the image that I want to see FF condoning nor do I want FF to have the image of boy-racer-central. Now before you take offense to that remember, that is just how this activity is viewed, no matter what the circumstances.

In the same breathe though, we cannot ignore the fact that it doesn't happen. Sometimes discussing these things is the best way to unform people of it's dangers. Hence why you can still post your stories but in a very neutered way. If someone wants to take this off line and discuss speeds, etc in PM's, so be it. PMs are free reign.

So Cliff, can you understand how we do not want such a negatively viewed activity being accepted and embraced here if we wish to continue to be viewed as a legitimate enthusiasts site?

I am glad you said something because I knew it was BS that there was no dissention.

#19 ·
I've had my share of races in good and bad spots and with poor decision to engage in them to begin with, but Goat is definately right about the perception of it. The fact I read an article the other day where a "street race" lost control of his car and crashed into a minivan of a father, mother and daughter (killing the parents and leaving the daughter with no immediate relative as the family was from another country). What got me though was rather than charge this guy with reckless homicide, vehicular manslaughter, or even murder, that they gave him a ticket for driving too fast for conditions and illegal modifications to his vehicle. Nothing more! The law is WAY too lax in this. Like I said, I've had my share, but have wised up some and will NOT race in traffic, with people around, or if I am in ANY way not 100% focused on my driving (be it tipsy, tired, distracted, whatever). People need to learn to stop being [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g morons and the videos I've seen are just that. Yeah, it's fun to line up, and see what your car can do, but shit, look around and be like, "hey, there is too much going on here so let's go find an open area" or something. If you're called a [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] or whatever, atleast you can know that your actions were the smarter of the two.

Goat, if nothing else, could there be a members ONLY forum for that topic so those who wish to view it or discuss can without making it an open topic?

Just a thought.

Stay smart and stay safe people. I don't really care to read about any Foci drivers killed out of stupidity.

[thumb]

#20 ·
Yah, sorry for the rant, I needed to vent. I sometimes find my replies to be a bit volitile, and I try to re-read them after typing to make sure I wasn't just going off on someone or something. I do realize I can still talk about racing, I just need to find a different forum for that. Here, I can talk about my car and work I want to do and what my fellow enthusiasts are into.

#24 ·
ok so im curious how a SR story would go now...why dont u give us an example...if we cant post speeds or where we were or how we were shifting...cause right now im picturing:

so this riced out neon pulls up to me and revs (NOTE: i didnt say "at the lights" since that would imply i was intown)...i figure what the hell...so we raced and i won by a fender (NOTE: no mention of speeds, rpm's, or gearing)...afterwards we drove to a nearby mcdonalds etc, etc, etc...the end

see how i was careful to follow the new rules for SR threads...[;)]...honestly if thats how its gonna go...then i agree with egz...just ban them outright...personally my enjoyment is hearing the detail in the story, making me feel like im there...in their car...in my car...besides its just that...a story...there is absolutely no way of knowing if this actually happened...for all we know he could be sitting at his computer typing some random s **t and just laughing cause we believe him...know what i mean?

i do understand it from the mods' side...but i mean w rules this strict u might as well just ban it completely...however i do like the idea of a members only area...or a separate SR subforum...where its basically "enter at your own risk"

just my 0.02

#25 ·
old_grendel said:

so this riced out neon pulls up to me and revs (NOTE: i didnt say "at the lights" since that would imply i was intown)...i figure what the hell...so we raced and i won by a fender (NOTE: no mention of speeds, rpm's, or gearing)...afterwards we drove to a nearby mcdonalds etc, etc, etc...the end

THAT'S A HAWT STORY!

But what did you order at McDonald's???????

[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.