Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Raced a Subaru STI!!

Ok today I was cruising and this STI came out of no where and just cruise next to me. So as soon as we got to the straight way with no cars we were cruising at 65mph (speed limit 65mph) I was in 4th gear doing 4,000 rpm if I remember good... anyway he punch it down and start taking the lead.. I reacted too late and when I punch it down he was like his rear bumper at my front fender, by the time my turbo really wake up and started to push he was like 1 car ahead or 3/4 car ahead... and that about it he couldn't pull me more.. So basically I just stay right there we both were doing (Speed not Rated) (I know is it stupid to go that fast) but I always wanted to know if I could take or keep up with a STI...

Well I think if I would it down shifted to 3rd and jump ahead of him, he couldn't pass me since we were both sort of even... well the best part comes I guess.. at the next light we stop side by side and he roll down the window and ask me "You have turbo right" so of course I answer yes and then he said" well I need to lose 900pounds on this car.. He said that because I guess the 2 people with him are heavy like hell or just the car is too heavy... I think he couldn't believe that he couldn't smoke me like probably he thought...

I'm happy with the result, for all I saw I think he had some exhaust work although it look factory and maybe some chip done... just by the way it sounded. Like in Fast & the Furious
"It doesn't matter if you win by a mile or an inch, a win is a win"

So I could say I got beat this time, I’ll be better prepared next time. At least he might not mess with me again...

PRTurboZX3

·
Registered
759 Posts
Don't post speeds, especially when your that far over the limit...

Quoting fast and the furious isn't the way to get ahead...

·
What do i put here?
8,343 Posts
good shit kepp up good fight

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Next time an STi comes up next to you make sure you punch it first, but only to the posted speed limit

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
^^agreed good story, i love the race stories with the underdog car right their with the more powerful one

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well edited the speed and yes today i learn that i could go down to 3rd when going at 4,000 rpm on 4th and the turbo responded alot better and the Rpm when up to 5,500 so i still had room. Next time will be at the Track [:D]

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
15PSI on Stock Motor and Stock Clutch.... just the Turbo Kit with Intercooler....

I love my Sleeper!!!

men there are $%^%^%$$ on FJ..... I deleted my post over there....

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Stellar man! STi's are not unbeatable. If you had some NO2 you'd own him like nobody' BIZNISS

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know,, but i still think if i would it down shifted to 3rd and jump before him.. it would been more exiting that he couldn't gain or pass me just because i jump before him and down shifted,, but it's ok is all part of the learning...I'm still pleased with the out come, can't complain i stay with an STI with just a plain Stock motor focus and Stock Clutch..

I'm definitibly changing the Clutch and Fly to CM Stg4 and Fidanza Flywheel.. then after that's done I might change the internals to Crowder Pistons, Eagle Rods and P&P Head and the goal is 300hp at the wheels....

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
I have a question...how come every other car forum can post speeds, but we can't???? I don't understand....

EVERYONE speeds, like not posting it willl matter, or change the way we drive........

nice job, good to see that a little focus got the job done [thumb]

·
Registered
484 Posts
thats awesome...dont see why not to post speed. you see how fast people go on streetfire...ive seen a supra and a bike doing 199 on streetfire on the freeway. maybe im retarded if i would post the speed...and yeah...fj people are cocky bastards..i wont go to that site anymore.

·
Registered
759 Posts
PM a Admin/moderator regarding the forums rules about posting speeds...

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
it gets all "official"...lol.......

whatever...I guess I'll "tread lightly" [hihi]

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
HaveBlue83 said:
I have a question...how come every other car forum can post speeds, but we can't???? I don't understand....

EVERYONE speeds, like not posting it willl matter, or change the way we drive........

nice job, good to see that a little focus got the job done [thumb]
basically, the forum has to cover its liability. if posting speeds were allowed, it makes it seem like this site condones those type of things, which leaves them open to a lawsuit from some dead kid's mom.

So keep the speeds off the posts, don't race on public streets, or if you do, pretend you were on a track when posting about it..

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
not to be a COMPLETE ASS, but I hate to "pretend" and fabricate stuff up with speeds and places....especially when people really want to know how close cars are to each other on the street....

and for all the people that try to sue a wesite...get a freakin life....

I'm done. [thumb]

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
High speeds on tracks are fine. High speeds on public roads are not.

It doesn't take Mark Twain to spin a good story without discussing speeds.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
If you use thing like, 5600 rpm in 6th, judgeing mods and everything people can guestamate how fast you were going. We don't want to get the FF site in trouble .[thumb]

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
HaveBlue83 said:

and for all the people that try to sue a wesite...get a freakin life....

I'm done. [thumb]
Well, its a sue-happy world... no matter what activity is taking place, some asshat is gonna try to be offended and sue.

What sucks is there is no punitive action for people who engage in frivolous lawsuits, the only person getting punished is the respondent whether the case is won OR lost

1 - 19 of 19 Posts