Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kill a Civic with Integra Motor

The other day i was cruising and came along to a black Civic I talk to the guy, he was nice and he told me that he had a Integra Motor on that Civic and the car was putting down 220 HP to the wheels, so i thought this might be a good race,, even thought i'm putting down 240 to the wheel.. oh and the civic is N/A - no nitro or turbo... so we took off first gear he was next to me but by the time i shift to second i was 1 car ahead then he caught with me because i couldn't find 3rd gears for crap!! this part it just funny anyway as soon i found third gears and i just started to pull him pretty good.. so we stop at the next light clear road so we took off again this time i didn't have problem with the 3rd gears and i was gone by 2nd gears...

He was a cool guy and told me "Man your Focus is Fast!"...

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I highly doubt hes putting down 220whp N/A. Although the GSR motor ( i forget the engine code) are pretty damn nice motors. they make 170bhp i believe and are easily upgradable. Nice kill tho, sounds like a cool guy to.

·
Registered
958 Posts
personally i doubt 220 to the wheels...maybe at the crank...they are very nice motors, w a b16 head swap and some bolt-ons they r quite fast

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Go find something worth running...... you've got some power now go use it!!!! j/k

Nice job[thumb]

·
Registered
950 Posts
SVT_BMXer said:
I highly doubt hes putting down 220whp N/A. Although the GSR motor ( i forget the engine code) are pretty damn nice motors. they make 170bhp i believe and are easily upgradable. Nice kill tho, sounds like a cool guy to.
if he's got a b18c its highly probable. but as far as older honda engines goes, its all about the h22, tat thing has balls!

·
Registered
591 Posts
probably was a type r b18 that come with 200 stock and with mods 220 easily..i had one in a civic and was running 13.5's all day good race tho...a gs-r is basically the same thing jsut a bit less horsepower b16..

none the less nice job [thumb]

·
Registered
441 Posts
the engine out of a integra is the b18 which i'm pretty sure has 185hp stock with some bolt ons it would have 220 at the crank. You wouldn't put a b16 head on it however because you would loose airflow in comparison. I second the H series coment an H22 in a civic is extremly fast when they have good tires for traction.

good run sounds like you have a nice bit of power

·
Registered
950 Posts
svtfocus17 said:
probably was a type r b18 that come with 200 stock and with mods 220 easily..i had one in a civic and was running 13.5's all day good race tho...a gs-r is basically the same thing jsut a bit less horsepower b16..

none the less nice job [thumb]
the type r b18 is that b18c i mentioned earlier

·
Registered
441 Posts
yeah espicially the h22A which certain models came with 220hp stock and to think i could have owned a 2001 white prelude with the h22 and a 5 speed, black leather interior and all the other perks, but no couldn't get a cosigner.
If i would have gotten that and put the same money i'm putting into my focus now. Oh My God. lets just leave it at that.

·
Registered
549 Posts
welcome to hondafanatics.com....................[rofl]

·
Registered
441 Posts
hey you can't hate on someone because they have knowlege. Honda has been around for a long time and people have been upgrading them just as long in the name of advancement and speed. Kinda like this forum. It's a place that you come to to gain knowledge and share your experiances with other people.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re: Kill a Civic with Integra Motor

TURBO-ZX3 said:
The other day i was cruising and came along to a black Civic I talk to the guy, he was nice and he told me that he had a Integra Motor on that Civic and the car was putting down 220 HP to the wheels, so i thought this might be a good race

Let me be the first to say that...
1. you raced a ricer
2. There is no way in hell he would be making 220whp N/A with a B18A, B18B or a B18C1. Even ig he had a B18C5 (which is highly doubtable) to make 220 whp N/A would cost a grip.

Congrats on kicking his ass, he deserved it for lying.

·
Registered
42 Posts
pocus02x3 said:
the engine out of a integra is the b18 which i'm pretty sure has 185hp stock with some bolt ons it would have 220 at the crank. You wouldn't put a b16 head on it however because you would loose airflow in comparison.
good run sounds like you have a nice bit of power
B18C is rated at 180 at the crank and realisticly stock will lay down 155-160ish to the wheels. Crank HP is meaningless. A B16 head is also the best flowing B head and will outflow a B18A, B, or C1 head, but the proability of someone doing a head swap on an application that is not LS/VTEC again is rare.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
the gsr motor is an incredible motor! one of the highest sought after honda motors!!

with a pp head,cams, cam gears, tb, i,h,e and a good tune they have no problem reaching 240 na whp

then get into internals and a itb set up you can easily make 300 na whp!! honda motors are incredible at making na hp but na tq is a diff subject!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.