Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dont know how to tittle this "am i fast?"

i was on my way home from work and a kid in a 03 mustang mach 1 at the light reving and acting like a bad ass. i open my door pop the trunk and open my bottle. the light turns green and i pull up next to him. at firs i started to rev my engine and toying with him. he acted like he didnt want to race and then he punched it and i did too. we were already in 2 i punched it and shifted to 3rd and activated the spray and i pull on him for like a sec and he stays right behind my door until the end of 4th. he lets off and at the next light i ask if he was all stock. he said "yes but all i have is the sct chip and nice ride". i say thank you and go on my way. im thinking to my self i did not just raced a mach 1 and was in front the whole time. my question is did it really happen or was he not on it all the way? im not doubting my car but i really dont think is faster than he is. im spraying 75 nx kit, orp, all the free mods and k&n dropin with the silencer off. what do you think.
 

·
The Librarian
Joined
·
13,116 Posts
Moved to "Racing, Rally & Autocross"...updated thread title.

In the future, as far as street racing threads go, please make sure you abide by the rules:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59274

No, you didn't break any rules (other than the thread title).
Seeing you're a new member, I thought it prudent to give you fair warning. [;)]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
696 Posts
NOS ftw? Not impressive IMO.
 

·
AAAHHHHH!!!!
Joined
·
4,304 Posts
tdkaye1 said:
NOS ftw? Not impressive IMO.
whered you get NOS from?? i read nitrous xpress.

(sorry, bit of a pet peeve of mine. i wish that bloody movie hadnt popularized the term "NOS")
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
696 Posts
bigjordan said:
whered you get NOS from?? i read nitrous xpress.

(sorry, bit of a pet peeve of mine. i wish that bloody movie hadnt popularized the term "NOS")
I'm too lazy to type it out, but Nitrous Oxide. Same thing as NX, different company/manufacturer/etc whatever. Still N2O regardless. What's stupid is that NOS (F&F) has since become a damn sports drink. WTFF!?

[???:)]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,084 Posts
tdkaye1 said:
I'm too lazy to type it out, but Nitrous Oxide. Same thing as NX, different company/manufacturer/etc whatever. Still N2O regardless. What's stupid is that NOS (F&F) has since become a damn sports drink. WTFF!?

[???:)]
hey that stuff is kinda good....oh god, did i just say that [paranoid]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
549 Posts
since this thread was hijacked [neener]

i wouldnt doubt an svt with a 75 shot would have a chance for about a gear or so. but if he knew how to drive, you would have to have a lot more than a shot. maybe a turbo and shot. but the reality is that it doesnt matter how fast your car is if you cant drive it. so congrats. i would be proud to say that you can take a car with half the power thats worth half the money or your opponent, and pull off a win. [nutkick]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Do you know how much HP you getting with NX?

I race a Mach 1 and I was set to 10PSI and I murder it on 2nd gear and I’m not an SVT... just a plain ZX3 Turbo with 240HP to the wheels when running 15PSI... at 10PSI don't have a clue maybe 200hp or 210hp is a guess. So an SVT with 75Shot don't doubt that you should take him.

& congrats on the Win![thumb]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
i have no problems pulling on a stang, or a bmw, or audi a6, or a 1.8 turbo vw or hanging with vetts( c5 and older) in corners. the best is smokin them hoot-dang boys in there primered t-top irocs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
Being a former mach 1 owner I would have to say the kid probably couldn't drive. You're a lot lighter but even with the juice I don't think you would win if cars had equal drivers. My mach ran a 13.4 stock. I expect somebody to get pissy over this post but I am a realist.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
WD40 said:
Moved to "Racing, Rally & Autocross"...updated thread title.

In the future, as far as street racing threads go, please make sure you abide by the rules:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59274

No, you didn't break any rules (other than the thread title).
Seeing you're a new member, I thought it prudent to give you fair warning. [;)]
hey man im so sorry i didnt even see the racing, rally, and autocross room. i do apologize. im not into the whole street racing but this kid what pissing me off and the road was almost empty. feel free to delete the thread. again im so sorry. if i would have read the street racing thread i would have not post it at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tdkaye1 said:
NOS ftw? Not impressive IMO.
as for nitrous, its the samething as turbo and supercharger. its forced induction. so please keep those comments to yourself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
696 Posts
mustanggtandgsxr said:
as for nitrous, its the samething as turbo and supercharger. its forced induction. so please keep those comments to yourself.
It's cheap FI, so again, not impressive. And seeing that this is a public forum, you open yourself up to public opinion. Chew on that sparky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
i disagree wit the whole nitrous= cheap thing. so what if its cheap. its like sayin oh i won the lottery, but since i got rich the cheap way, then me being rich is not impressive or sumting? i mean u could say the way his car got fast with nitrous is not impressiev, but the fact that it is fast is impressive. i prefer to think of nitrous as efficient. the most bang for the buck....the idea is still the same no matter what form of FI u go. more air=more power.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TriniZX3 said:
i disagree wit the whole nitrous= cheap thing. so what if its cheap. its like sayin oh i won the lottery, but since i got rich the cheap way, then me being rich is not impressive or sumting? i mean u could say the way his car got fast with nitrous is not impressiev, but the fact that it is fast is impressive. i prefer to think of nitrous as efficient. the most bang for the buck....the idea is still the same no matter what form of FI u go. more air=more power.

well said.


And seeing that this is a public forum, you open yourself up to public opinion. Chew on that sparky.
you are right, its called freedom of speech. sorry!!! i guess i shouldnt post if theres a chance of someone being negative huh.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
415 Posts
Eh Im not as impressed it was a win Via nos either. A turbo car or s/c'd one just seems like it would be a cooler kill, because any one can get NOS but very few people take the time to build a motor and do a great turbo set up or S/c and the time and knowlege it takes to put on on and have it run well, nos any person can get/install and use.

Either way cool you killed a mach1 thats cool.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top