Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.draglist.com/lists/upsq32.txt

You guys pretty much know I don't do pics and wouldn't bother my brother for his either. To some this will mean nothing but it is what it is....

Entry #211 on that list.............Carl Bell the driver and my younger brother, and the owner Doug Williams who owned both a couple of dragboats and several pro stock cars back in the late '80s, I worked on all of them. The one listed in the list was a Jerry Haas chassis car, Jerry borrowed it a couple times to show off/sell his chassis to others back then too. The selling point was the new funny car type dense inner rollcage instead of the outer box type one, that car was #3 with that new design. In 1990. Car later went over 200 mph but unofficially with the 720 inch motor in it.

Note the difference in top speeds in other entries thereabouts with almost same ET, what nitrous (legal in that class) does for you.

#212 Tommy Anderson had a long running friendly feud with our race AMX, he raced 454 Camaro at Kennedale's S&N Dragway, there for a while a war between AMC and GM as both of us tried to outdo the other over and over. A real good guy. The war was over who could get from 10.50 to 10.0 first somewhere around 1976 IIRC.

We used to race against #261 Kim Barr as well.

·
Registered
15,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yep, I used to live at that racetrack, every Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and often Sundays on special races. My best friend and I once won the $1000 purse on a special Sunday.

Couldn't run the pro cars there though, no long shutoff area. Anything faster than around 10 flat had trouble getting around the sudden curve at the end. We tried like twice and bad problems both times, the car was simply too fast even shutting down early. Pro car ran at Green Valley Race City, owned by nationally known super/pro stocker Bill Heilscher, we went up in the tower during races from time to time. He kept all his retired race cars in a storeroom behind the tower, there was some really neat stuff there. We bought our first set of twin Holley Dominator carbs for the AMX off one of his BBC Camaros, I can still remember looking around at all the cool race stuff and wanting to pinch myself to see if it was real.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts