Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for you:

Has anyone had sudden stalling with their SVT? I have a 2003, and have found that every now and then the car will die on me. It has happened only when coming to a stop - I throw the car in neutral, hit the brakes and the engine dies.
This was happening "frequently" for a short while - about twice a week, then it suddenly stopped. Today however this happened in traffic, which is a little frightening.

Any information or ideas of what might be happening would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
426 Posts
first id check for vacuum leaks and the IACV. if youre stopped with the AC on, does it feel like it bogs alot? also when stopping, do rpm's ever drop then pop up and slowly descend?

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Wasn't there a Ford factory reflash for the SVT computer. I'm almost sure there was. see if you can find a thread on that. Maybe someone will chime in with a link.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Question for you:

Has anyone had sudden stalling with their SVT? I have a 2003, and have found that every now and then the car will die on me. It has happened only when coming to a stop - I throw the car in neutral, hit the brakes and the engine dies.
This was happening "frequently" for a short while - about twice a week, then it suddenly stopped. Today however this happened in traffic, which is a little frightening.

Any information or ideas of what might be happening would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
mine has stalled a few times before too and it actually happened last night when i was coming to a stop light. i had the a/c on if that makes any difference and i threw it in neutral and stopeed. when i went to take off my car was shut off i didnt even know it died since i had the music up. anyways idk why this is happening either i havent tried to solve the problem yet but i guess i need to start looking into it more. let me know if you do anything that helps.

-Ryan

·
Registered
426 Posts
every time mine has stalled out the ac has been on also

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Mine will do the same thing sometimes, only ever been with the A/C on though.

·
Registered
108 Posts
There is a TSB for it and the latest PCM reflash fixes it (it fixed mine). If you are still under warranty it is free... There should be a sticky with all the TSB info in it somewhere on this site...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts