Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so this has been happening for a while now and i just cant figure out what is causing the sound, the sound, it sounds like some thing stretching while under tension, it don't know if that makes sense, it occurs while letting the clutch out under acceleration and under hard acceleration. i have a cfm dogbone, all the other mounts are stock. I thought that it was my cat shield bc the last time i was under there changing the oil i noticed that the bolts were rusted threw, so i wire tied the shield in two places to prevent rattling but it seamed not ho help any ideas as to what is making the sound?? thanks

·
Registered
784 Posts
there is not enough musicians in an orchestra to play all the sounds we have.

all i can tell you is keep looking

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
It's probably your clutch pivot point inside the car...you can WD-40 it so it doesn't squeak

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Moved to "Technical Chat".

norcalsvt; do you know for certain if the noise is coming from outside the "cabin" of the car?
It could very well be the clutch pedal return spring or a dry pivot on the clutch pedal as the above poster mentioned.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i do believe that the sound is coming from outside the cabin

·
Banned
1 Posts
Thanks

Hi,
Thanks for this useful information. I'm a new one in this forum. I must appreciate the tools provided by you. Please keep updating me in this regard.

CSK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts