Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed that the new SVT had an oil leak(big surprise), so last night we decide to stick a new VC gasket on. While doing the install I yanked the VCT solonoid out, to my suprise there was oil in the electrical connector. Installed the gasket, cleaned up the VCT Solonoid, and reinstalled. So now I'm going to drive it and see if it was actually pushing it out through the solonoid, or for some strange reason, oil somehow got into the connector(I've only had the car 3 weeks)........Anyone else saw this before?

·
Michael J. Caboose
6,512 Posts
My had a weird leak as well, I did a How-To on the VC Gasket and Solenoid, you can take a look if you want... Click me

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Its just an internal leak in the solenoid. Ive seen it here before. Whats up JM?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured, I ordered a new one today, for $40.00 I'll replace it.........

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Good deal

·
Michael J. Caboose
6,512 Posts
Yo, what up Mike? Long time, no speak! How's things down at the Fo-Fo dealership? [:D] And no I'm not trying to jack this thread... [paranoid]

Just make sure you don't lose that little metal clip that holds the solenoid in place...I don't even think you have to take it out to remove the sol.

H

·
0 Posts
For those of you looking for a new VCT O-ring the Viton #109's work fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts