Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tonight,after driving my car all day with no problems at all,my clutch is making a weird noise when it is fully depressed to the floor. It started up fine when I pushed it in but as I went to put in gear it made a grinding noise like when you try to start a car after its already been started. I was able to get it home by not pushing it in all the way to the floor. oh and when it makes that noise all the lights in car dim. I have no idea what it could be. Bad starter sensor? idk. Any help would be grate! The $h!ty part is that I just fixed my strut after not driving it for almost a year. (stupid back order[:(!]) But any help will be awesome thanks!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So this morning I went to start it up to see if it was still doing it and its not. I wonder if its the clutch sensor switch. Any one have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
So this morning I went to start it up to see if it was still doing it and its not. I wonder if its the clutch sensor switch. Any one have any ideas?
Clutch sensor switch ? The only one is the , position switch. It lets the car know that, even if it`s in gear , it`s ok to start, because the clutch is pushed in..If you had trouble putting it into gear , with the pedal pushed in, you either need to rebleed the slave, (check for leaks) or your clutch is worn out. How many miles on the car ? Check for the master leaking , above your feet. Or the slave, leaking out the bell housing. If it went away, after it cooled off. How`s the fluid level in the trans ? Also the clutch uses the brake fluid . check the level in the brake master reservoir.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It only has 84k on it. And I could get it into gear fine if I didn't push it in all the way. It worked fine yesterday. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
We've seen some posted here on-line that ended up having pieces of friction disc material come loose & jam things up so they didn't work properly - a SUDDEN failure....

If you're LUCKY, the loose pieces end up falling out to the bottom & it's OK for a good time...

If things are REALLY disintegrating, it's new clutch time...

Good Luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
focus_kid_89:
Did you ever find out about the noise? Our '02 ZX3 (113K miles) did the exact same thing the other day and the next day. Except it also made the check engine light come on. I opened the hood while my daughter pushed the clutch pedal to the floor while it was idling. Sounded like she was engaging the starter on a running engine. I put a 1 x 6 x 6 board on the floor under the clutch pedal so it would just let it start, drove it to my friendly shop and when I took the board out it wouldn't do it! Ahhgg! Clutch works smooth, car drives fine. He checked the codes, said it was a fuel level B code. He said from the way I described it that it is a throw-out bearing. I can't believe a throw-out bearing would sound that horrible. Besides, the clutch works perfect. Crossed wires?
Could the starter relay possibly be getting energized by the clutch pedal switch?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts