Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok first off i have an 06 focus zx3 se,with 31,000 miles, a steeda sri intake,f2 header,with secondary cat, and magnaflow catback, and a sct tune from randy, and it is an automatic.

1.first off i have asked this question many times and i got responses but now its getting worse.

2.well as before i am getting a weird noise in the intake, it sounds kinda like a bongo, as it sucks in air it will make a blunk, blunk then continue to suck air then again in like 3 second intervals.

3. all of this happens in park or in neutral, hot or cold but worse when cold.

4.lets say i drive the car for a half hour, come home put it in park, and listen i will hear the noise in the intake and then as the noise appears the car begins to shake more as the rpms drop alittle and go back up. "on the digital tach in dash, it reads from 760-730 constantly like 760,730,760 and so on. its not consistant on a particular idle. is this normal to jump like that, and when its doing this it makes the car vibrate more, and you can hear it in the exhaust as well,

5. next lets say its in park and i am having this happen i can take and roll the window up and the car will idle down a hundred rpms everytime,and will shutter the car. it will drop down to 650ish if the window button is pushed.is this normal also.
the car is fine under load and normal driving its just the idle thats weird.
Ok here are the things i have tried personally,
1. changed fuel filter
2.cleaned the maf sensor and adjusted the angle that it sits.
3.had alternator replaced by ford recently in warranty,cuz my batterylight came on.
4.checked coils and plugs, all seem to be good, and these arent the original plugs i replaced them 10,000 miles ago with the ford ones.
5.no check engine lights
6. battery reads 14.50 at idle so its not the battery or alt.
i can have a video of the described if it will help let me know..

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok i have another question, i decided to take my plugs out and examine them well the electrode and insulater on the inside look normal, and the gap is to spec, but on the outside of the plug on the porcelin right about the treaded part it looks rusty or that color on three of them and the other one isnt like that is this normal or are they leaking or something here is a pic
[/IMG]

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok and here is a video of the strange blunk, sound listen for the little odd sound that goes on for the full video
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
191 Posts
Since nobody else has any ideas I have a guess of what it could be: It sounds like there is a hole or gash somewhere along your exhaust pipe. I really don't know but maybe this reply will promt someone with the answer to help a fellow focus man out.

I know what it feels like to see a lot of people reading but no replies.

oh yeah, also I have an 1000 watt power inverter in my car. when I use my 1 horse power wet/dry vac I notice the idle change, so you operating your windows and hearing an idle change sounds normal to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts