Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres my story.. I washed my car (finally) a couple days ago... and since then there has been a high-pitched whisle sound. It sounds like it could be from the rear passenger side.. but I can't ID it! I checked my brake pads to see if there was a wear clip rubbing.. but no dice.. It really sounds almost like wind ..and only happends at higer speeds... 30+mph... I can't find anything loose that is making the sound.

Anyone else run into this? Is there a wheel bearing that maybe I washed the grease out of or something??? Ice build-up that won't go away?!?!?!

Any Ideas?[???:)]

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? Any ideas at all?!?!? Its starting to drive me nuts!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!![???:)] [?|]

·
Registered
153 Posts
I noticed this recently too while I was driving up to Whistler. On my car it came from the front left and sounded kind of like a supercharger (a quiet one though). I also had just washed my car, weird... I noticed it when I was going about 80-100 kph. I really don't think it could be anything that serious. Maybe some crap stuck in the wheel well?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has it gone away yet?

I can't tell if mine is comming from the front or back... when I put the windows down, the wind drowns out the whistle sound?!?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just washed my car again, next time I go out on the highway I'll take a listen. I've been driving with my windows down since it's nice and sunny so I haven't noticed it again. I'll get back to you soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts