Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the week long rain here in the Mid-Atlantic I've developed a strange issue.

My setup: Blow through MAF (3" housing), Turbo intake right behind the headlight, 2.5 intercooler piping, fully vented BOV

When I put the engine under moderate load (10 - 0 inHg) the engine will start bucking. Not stall and not misfire. There is NO CEL. The Air/Fuel will peg at 10.0 then sweep back to normal then back to 10.0. It also doesn't seem like my BOV is working correctly either; not the clean whoosh that it should be. The car starts and idles perfect. It drives like normal when just cruising around. It doesn't seem to come up threw the revs right when I rev it in neutral.

I changed the plugs (the old 4 looked to be firing fine) and put a semi-new O2 sensor in (Have a brand new Motorcraft one on the way). That helped the issue but its still there.

I'm going to change the fuel filter today and pull the MAF out and clean it. Anything else I should look for? Maybe bad coil pack or something? Also; did a compression check a few thousand miles ago and everything was perfect.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Griz, I bet it's the MAF, it have gotten moisture on it due to all this rain.

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dumped half a cup of water out of the intercooler piping and blew another half cup out of the intercooler.

MAF was wet and BOV was wet/dirty. All piping removed, cleaned and dried. BOV cleaned, dried and lubed up. Reving on the jack stands everything sounds great. BOV is working and revs are smooth.

And transmission fluid changed...lol!

EDIT: Car seems to be running great now. DAMN RAIN!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts