Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
awhile ago and now recently at times when I punch it in first or reverse without enough gas something in my drivetrain slaps like a piece of metal breaking over a another...kinda confusing i know...it first happened bout a month ago going in reverse while turning felt/sounded like something just got "hung up" then popped over something else...i fear its something in the tranny cause i can feel it in the clutch/below my left foot...any ideas? the cv joints and all connecting/steering rods are fine. It happens once usually when its cooled down. I am scared its somethin major but it went away for a few weeks now its back. Help!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
could be you lower tranny mount. i've heard of them going bad and that would make it make noise when u put it in reverse like that

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I know exactly what your talking about because it does it with my car. I don't know if it happens in reverse because I don't push it while in that gear, but in first it does this once in a while. It does sound like metal slapping metal. I don't have to be turning, I could be going straight and push it while in first and it does it....[dunno] How many miles do you have?

---Randy

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
30,000 and my warranty just went up

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
hondaluver said:
when I punch it in first or reverse without enough gas something in my drivetrain slaps like a piece of metal breaking over a another...
Not to be a smarty-pants, but seriously- don't do that then. I can make any driveline pop and clank if I torture it sufficiently...

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
popped the bushing out of your rear mount where its bolted to the crossmember.
the metal part of the mount sits on the crossmember and will clank when you get on it because it lifts and then slaps back down

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
blurvfocus...its not necessarily when i get on it just when I don't baby it ya know...the way i drive everyone prolly does the same. Could be a mount but ive looked at it and haven't seen anything wrong. Where exactly is the mount in question? ^^^So you think it might have just popped out of the bushing? Thanks guys fer the help.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
If you suspect a bad motor mount, have someone load the engine against the e-brake while you watch the engine. If a mount is bad, the engine will probably lift alarmingly. Then you'll easily be able to see which mount is bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts