Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
...why? I am genuinely sad for your neighbors and coworkers who have to hear this loud buzz and cackle out of an economy car. You should post this in the auto fails thread.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
...why? I am genuinely sad for your neighbors and coworkers who have to hear this loud buzz and cackle out of an economy car. You should post this in the auto fails thread.
This^^^^^^^^^^^^ Whats the purpose?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Idle sounds ok but there's NO way I could tolerate that system as soon as any amount of exhaust flow from the the throttle is added.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Ah, to be young again.

You'll realize pretty quick that everyone where you live is now going to know you and hate you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Idle sounds ok but there's NO way I could tolerate that system as soon as any amount of exhaust flow from the the throttle is added.
The only time it really gets loud is if you are stomping down on the gas.[thumb] If im driving around town normally then sound is not an issue. you can tell the difference between stock an the new pipes once you get to about 2.5k on the tach while accelerating hard. and this is 2.25" pipes not 2.5". youd need 2.5" if you had mufflers with baffles to get close to the same exhaust flow.

To those who are hattin, pleas dont. yes i can understand those who dont like the "Noise" of straight pipes but dont just go crazy and start sayin this is a fail cuz you dont like "Noise"[nono]. I like it and i paid for it and the car so you shouldnt be mad. Only my neighbors (whos room is right beside where i park my car) Should be mad.

No beef here guys just backing up my work[lockdance]

·
Registered
359 Posts
Well it's more about being a considerate human being while driving on public roads, neighborhoods, etc.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it's more about being a considerate human being while driving on public roads, neighborhoods, etc.
Haha I understand. like i said it doesn't sound like 12 stock cars running down the track. it only gets a bit loud when the peddle is to the floor. As long as i am driving like a normal person its just a low roar that i barely notice even with the windows down. i put straight pipes as a test to see if there is any difference MPG wise and its gotten a lil better but im most likey gonna put 2 resonators and a muffler back in the system. [like]all of them are gonna be straight through of course

[goofydrunk][cheers][goofydrunk][vommit]

·
Registered
149 Posts

LOL. Considerate human being. Have you driven anywhere ever? No one is considerate.

Besides, its not any of your guys car, and his cars noise doesn't affect you. Never understood why people try to preach their car opinion to people.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
LOL. Considerate human being. Have you driven anywhere ever? No one is considerate.

Besides, its not any of your guys car, and his cars noise doesn't affect you. Never understood why people try to preach their car opinion to people.
Like you said it doesn't effect me, cause of where he's at, thank goodness. He puts it in here of course ppl are going to have opinions & their input & thoughts, what do you expect? How many ppl have 4 cyl n/a straight pipes?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Like you said it doesn't effect me, cause of where he's at, thank goodness. He puts it in here of course ppl are going to have opinions & their input & thoughts, what do you expect? How many ppl have 4 cyl n/a straight pipes?
yeah youre right. I was mostly looking for constructive criticism though. and to answer your question probably like 3-5 people in the U.S. have straight pipes on their I-4's(this is a false statement!!!!) but hey to each their own.

i like my cars loud and proud. Some like their cars quiet and smooth. At the end of the day we all are driving focis[clap][loveff][clap]

·
Registered
130 Posts
Where is your data to back up your claim that a 2.25" exhaust without muffler flows the same as 2.5" with muffler? Measured velocity of both? Exhaust backpressure of both? Exhaust reversion at target rpm between the two? When someone makes a claim to performance, it needs to be substantiated with measured results and facts. This is how we separate the enthusiasts from the autozoniasts.

What most people see, is a 125whp car with an obnoxiously loud exhaust who thinks he's a race car.... Really no different than the honda crowd.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
What most people see, is a 125whp car with an obnoxiously loud exhaust who thinks he's a race car.... Really no different than the honda crowd.
This is true...sounds ricer to me...

Even if you have a big v8 or a Harley...get a fu**king proper exhaust!

You are not on a racetrack...this is why we can't have nice thing!!!

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Yes, but it affects others. Why are you preaching to us not to give our opinion. It's a public forum.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Where is your data to back up your claim that a 2.25" exhaust without muffler flows the same as 2.5" with muffler? Measured velocity of both? Exhaust backpressure of both? Exhaust reversion at target rpm between the two? When someone makes a claim to performance, it needs to be substantiated with measured results and facts. This is how we separate the enthusiasts from the autozoniasts.

False, most stock dynos show 150whp for MK3s and others show higher. Want proof? here you go http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290655

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have the FSWERKS race exhaust and that is loud enough. Most people hate the sound of an uncorked 4 banger. You find people are much more tolerant of v8 pollution. Mine is boosted and all people ever see is a loud "fart can" econo-box. Haters gonna hate, but you shouldn't be making it easy for them.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
I have the FSWERKS race exhaust and that is loud enough. Most people hate the sound of an uncorked 4 banger. You find people are much more tolerant of v8 pollution. Mine is boosted and all people ever see is a loud "fart can" econo-box. Haters gonna hate, but you shouldn't be making it easy for them.
Worst my bike (ninja 1000, 4 banger) sounds like a jar of bees at high rpm when straight... with a proper Akrapovic race exhaust... the sound is just right....

Straight is for track, offended or not [;)]

1 - 20 of 44 Posts