Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
If there is any change to your mpg from this mod, i would put it at well under 5%, in either direction. The reason they are saying they dont believe your mpg claims is because 30-40% improve is huge. That's like saying you went from 30mpg to 39-42mpg. The part you removed isnt going change much of anything, very minimal restriction.

Just enjoy the new sound, dont worry about the mpg [;)]
Fair enough, ill re check anyways. I usually do it myself. I fill up, use the car for a week or so, fill up again and divide the gallons it took with the km I drove.

But if i use the computers avg l/100km, it went down from 20-22 to 14-16.

But again, ill re check. The point is my focus sounds sexaaaay hahaha!

Thank you!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey from your neighbor (Jamaica) I have a 2010 Focus Euro 1.8 duratec (same as 2L just diff bore size). Thinking of doing the same thing but was afraid of if it would sound too loud. Right now it;s very quiet except for k&n intake noise. After removing the luncbox do you get a rasp or pops when accelerating or downshifting? Your link doesnt work btw

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hey from your neighbor (Jamaica) I have a 2010 Focus Euro 1.8 duratec (same as 2L just diff bore size). Thinking of doing the same thing but was afraid of if it would sound too loud. Right now it;s very quiet except for k&n intake noise. After removing the luncbox do you get a rasp or pops when accelerating or downshifting? Your link doesnt work btw
Hey Man, if you just remove the lunchbox, it wont be loud at all, at least in thr 2.0. Ford actually removes it from factory in coupe's. Anyways, no pops and crackles. I was once completely straight pipe with headers, and still didnt have pops, but I did have some gurgling.

Anyways, thats the most silent exhaust mod you can do I believe. I just got a deeper sound, but not actually louder. Sporty and modest. Go for it!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts