Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 03 svt and it has the "lunchbox" removed with a magnaflow pipe to replace it but i want something better, louder and better flowing
ive been looking at the borla system for it, then i saw that borla also tells just 5' long sections of their exhaust tubing and i was jsut goin to straight pipe it from the cat back. but i dont no if

would that hurt my engine?
would it sound ok?
is it legal?
will it still pass emitions since the cat is still on there?

could anyone help me with these questions?
thanks

·
Registered
978 Posts
i dont think it will hurt anything, probably sound like ass, should still pass emissions though

·
Registered
324 Posts
i would stick with the borla setup. sounds nice and its .25 bigger than stock. must flow better as well. i got a borla set-up sitting in my shed for sale right now. lol its basically all straight piping other than the muffler. i got a test pipe and replaced the resonator with it. =)

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
A little off topic..

marietta as in Marietta Ohio??

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
^^^^Man are you trying to piss off all your neighbors? Driving with no muffler is stupid and illegal. And will get you pulled over all the time.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
I am a fan of the magnaflow setup with a resonator..

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
He is asking for advice. Chill out. I personally wouldn't go straight pipe from the cat back. That might turn some heads.

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,790 Posts
I think your neighbors would chase you with torches and pitchforks if you did that. I would definitely not go with a setup like that it would be rice to the extreme. lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hah well i dont live in a dubdivision so i dont have to worry about neighbors
but i no what everyone means it would prob sounds like a can and backfire alot
so im thinkin ima go with the borla
its alot of money for that tho

·
Registered
324 Posts
if your interested in buying a borla just send me a pm. but i would deff. say not to do straight piping.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Actually if he still had the cat it wouldnt be that loud.

My exhaust only has a Flo-Pro "twister" full race muffler in it and it really isnt loud at all.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
It would be loud, but agreeing with 03orangeSVT, if the cat is still there it won't be to loud.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Actually if he still had the cat it wouldnt be that loud.

My exhaust only has a Flo-Pro "twister" full race muffler in it and it really isnt loud at all.
I'm thinking of getting a flo-pro twister. I run a svt header, no cat, 2.5 all the way back with an MBRP resonator, and muffler. I find it stupid loud and am looking for a different muffler to replace the MBRP one. In your experince is the twister a good purchase to get my noise under control?

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
The twister sounds awesome if you have a turbo.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Get an exhaust. I had a stright pipe for 2 days and it was hella loud and backfired alot. Long highway drives were nothing but a drone. [scream]

-Cody

·
Registered
776 Posts
to the OP

If you live in marietta, OH I can tell you from personal experience you will not have any problems from the police. I live in Vienna, WV, used to live in Marietta OH and have straight 2.5 inch pipe from the flex back and haven't caught a single problem. Had it this way about 3 years.

It is loud, highway does drone, but for just around town it's not untolerable.

Reading your post again I don't think you live in OH since you're not required to have the car inspected let alone emissions tested. So this post may be totally useless.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts