Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a rock going 45 a couple of weeks ago and I wasnt able to get it on a lift untill yesterday. The resonator was almost flatened and the cat back had a bunch of dents and bends in it. So i did a quik fix and just made a straight tube from the flex back. OMG this thing is so rediculously loud that my parents offered to buy me a cat back for xmas. I called mbrp and ordered one, didnt want to spend all of there money on a borla. The only thing that sucks is i have to drive aroudn with a really loud car untill late jan.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Ive driven around with a cut exhaust from the cat back, and i can say that it was really nice sounding. I loved that sound, loud maybe, but really nice burble and grunt.
But i think you will like the MBRP, good luck with that

Merry Christmas eve

·
Something goes here
8,280 Posts
Yeah thats what i have right now a 2.25 stight pipe to a muffler douned good till i put the shorty on then it got raspy so in the spring im going to buy a mbrp

·
Something goes here
8,280 Posts
then we have close to the same setup beside me having 2.25 tell me does yours sound ricy at high RPM's

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have a shorty header, 2.5 flex and 2.5 pipe straight to cherry bomb turbo muffler. Doesnt seem that loud to me. Maybe the muffler. Sounded good till a couple months ago i think i need a new muffler. I alos need to get rid of the factory cat and shorty and get a race header. Then it will be loud. Not as loud as my Galaxie (289 straight pipes)

I like loud. [:D]

·
Something goes here
8,280 Posts
yeah my set up sounded great till I but the header and FC cat on,I guess that extra exust flow was to much for my muffler

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
the mbrp sounds great
the only trouble i had was geting the tip to sit well in my exhaust cutout
but otherwise an overall fantastic prouduct

·
Capital Obvious
2,562 Posts
I had the same problem with the tip..it was just a touch off the cut out. Not real noticable though.... I just added a couple shims and fixed it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts