Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i am going on a 4-6 month forced vacation to a wonderful, arid location. and since i am only permitted 2 personal bags, i dont think the little fofo can come.... she wouldnt like the sand anyway....

so here is the question, do i ask a friend of mine whom i trust to drive her around a couple times a week, or do i just store her for the time i am gone? and if the answer is to store her, how would i go about doing that...

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Well storing her should not be an issue. Are you putting her in a garage or out in the open?

First thing to do is add fuel stabilizer, disconect the battery terminals, and I have seen people put the car up on blocks b/c I know sittin on the same spot the tires can get flat spots.

Thats just a few suggestions.

You heading over seas?

If so be careful!

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i am going overseas...

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you for your well wishes.... they are truley appreciated.

·
Registered
461 Posts
if you do have anyone watch it i would recommend a family member ... you're liable for any damages anyone may cause while you're away ... just a thought ... good luck overseas ...

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it will be stored on base, so i should not have any problems with the security of the vehicle....
(and my closest family member is about 600 miles away....)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I don't have a garage, but you can store it at my home and I'll do a weekly drive to keep her up to snuff.

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the offer tin. however, ohio is a bit of a drive just to store a car... (unless of course you would like to drop a turbo in it while i am gone [8D] )

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Or, unless I moved to Florence, South Carolina and just haven't changed my profile... :D

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Cars are better driven than sitting, as long as you have a trustworthy option on the driving part... OTOH it is an SPI, not like you'd be turning someone loose with an SVT or something [:D] [:D] [:D] (you know I'm kidding!)

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
tin_maddog said:
Or, unless I moved to Florence, South Carolina and just haven't changed my profile... :D

But your still gonna drop that tirbo in riiiiiight?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
...riiiiiight....

...but not really.

But I really will hold the car here for you. And when you drop it off/pick it up, you can drive the SPI and the SVT to feel the difference. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts