Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car was broken into a while back... some bastard bashed out the back window, and managed to steal two 12's (in the box, of course) and my 1200 watt sub amp. They did not take the radio, thank god.

After this happened, I bought a 15 inch MTX sub with box and amp from a buddy for 100 bucks... nice stuff, mint condition...

Since the break-in however, everytime I turn my radio volume all the way down, turn the headunit off, or i turn the car off... basically any time i cut off the power to the radio, i get a huge POP noise from the drivers side front speaker. It sounds like it wants to blow up...

Also since the break-in, every time I try to turn the gain up on the amplifier, the subwoofer freaks out and pulses and bumps like crazy...

I have tried multiple amplifiers, subwoofers, switched the amp ground a million times... I'm stumped... I can't get rid of the POP noise, and I can't turn my amp up nearly as high as I would like to...

I thought about regrounding the headunit itself to get rid of the pop (maybe the factory headunit ground isn't enough?) I dont know, but everything worked great before it was broken into...

Also, I bought a completely new amp kit (power wire, fuse holder, fuse, remote and RCA wires, ground, etc...

Do I have a bad connection? Maybe a bad wire? The power wire and RCA's are on different sides of the car...

If you have any suggestion at all, please help... I am handy, and normally great with audio equipment and solving my own problems, but I've had it... PLEASE HELP...STOP THE POP!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts