Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[:0] I have just bought a s/h 2009 zetec hatchback. and only the centre high level brake lights work! both bulbs and fuse are working.
I researched the net and found this answer......
"I have diagnosed 12 of them and all but one had the same issue. Internal switching failure of the multifunction switch (turn signal switch assembly) on the steering column. This assembly is plastic and fragile The brake signal splits to one wire directly feeding the third brake and the other goes through this switch to be interrupted for rear turn indicators.. The one hold out was actually both bulbs."

Has anyone experience of this?

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
In the USA we have the NHTSA : National Highway Transportation Safety Administration where consumers can complain about problems. If the problem is related to the safety of the vehicle on the road, then after a certain number of complaints the NHTSA will require the manufacturer to issue a recall and repair schedule for the problem.

If you have something like that, then you should be sure to post about it- possibly ask your customers to help since a VIN is usually required for the complaint.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts