Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stone or Black Leather Interior with Red Candy - Help settle a family dispute

Wife says stone, I am leaning towards black leather.

Our situation:
1. Live in country and will drive on a dirt roads (about one mile)
2. Have two kids - 8 and 10 into all sports
3. Plan to keep car for a while, so long term looks important...

Wife - Black too hot, stone will hide dirt
Me - It is always hot in Kansas, stone will show other marks and also dirt, black is cooler.

Who wants to help us decide or does anyone regret what they purchased??

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Black leather is always the right answer.

Unless the question is, "What wouldn't look gay on me?"

·
Registered
251 Posts
we did stone... would have liked option for med gray.

Black leather .... keep windows closed if you get in drought and its blowing dust and dirt.
also can solve hot problem with tint in windows and always parking back end to sun.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have black leather in my not yet tinted candy red ff and it looks cool. Even on a hot sunny day the seats cool down quick once you get in.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
loving the black leather on mine... I'm just a black interior guy, never liked beige or stone or sand or whatever they call it.

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
Black leather FTW! [clap]

·
Registered
263 Posts
I had gray leather in my mustang. That showed all kinds of dirt. I have black leather on the focus and love it. Have you checked them both out in person yet? The black is actually more of a charcoal color. I have tint all the way around also and it doesn't get incredibly hot in the car, but I also live in the Bay Area, so it doesn't get crazy hot here anyway.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like the stone color in a focus. Plus living in Kansas all my life, black leather gets ridiculously hot.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've got Black/Charcoal and don't regret it at all. With tinted windows it hasn't gotten too hot even with temps in the upper 90s to over 100.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wife says stone, I am leaning towards black leather.

Our situation:
1. Live in country and will drive on a dirt roads (about one mile)
2. Have two kids - 8 and 10 into all sports
3. Plan to keep car for a while, so long term looks important...

Wife - Black too hot, stone will hide dirt
Me - It is always hot in Kansas, stone will show other marks and also dirt, black is cooler.

Who wants to help us decide or does anyone regret what they purchased??
Will your wife be driving it? Stone.. I live on a gravel road and black is too hot and shows too much dust. I ordered the SEL with stone instead of the TI with black leather for this very reason. BTW I saw a RED Candy HB with the stone leather and it looked really nice and rich looking.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We have seen both and still on the fence..The stone did look pretty nice with the Red Candy on the one we looked at...

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the black leather on mine and it does get pretty stinking hot - I live in a hot and humid state. Definitely will need to tint the windows. I like the stone color...it will show dirt and any sort of marking more easily but I think it will show less wear and tear - a lot of things are more visible against black like dust and cracking. I've had stone or grey colored seats in several cars now and they actually stand up fairly (I also have 2 buys, 9 and 11). That all said, my black leather seats are still pretty darn cool.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I remember what I did when I had black leather in my convertible ... i put white terry cloth pull overs on it during the summer. then just threw them into the washer with extra bleach when they got dirty.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the stone interior with the Red Candy and love the combination. Living in the south, I didn't want the black for the extra heat in the summer. Pus having had animals in past cars, the black shows any pet hair real bad. My greyhounds won't be riding in this car though (kept my van for that).

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Black leather is always the right answer.

Unless the question is, "What wouldn't look gay on me?"
That is the most ignorant homophobic comment ive heard in a long time. Its the 21st century ....lets leave hate n ignorance behind.

Sorry for the off topic but ignorance annoys me

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the help. The black really is a charcoal color and the stone is really a light tan....

Leaning toward the stone just with the heat here in Kansas, good input from a fellow Kansan, and it is very dusty on our road this time of year...

·
Registered
210 Posts
I remember what I did when I had black leather in my convertible ... i put white terry cloth pull overs on it during the summer. then just threw them into the washer with extra bleach when they got dirty.
why cover leather seats with a cloth pullover and lose the feel of leather? [?]
and yeah... like someone mentioned, it ain't really that safe.

edit: @OP... Black [thumb] easier to maintain imo

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have the black leather and love it.
Are you planning on tinting the windows? It really makes a difference in my car and I only have the 33%. (not dark)

·
Registered
967 Posts
Stone with that Color combo...I was considering it till I realized that the Titanium only comes in one solid color, so I went black on black.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts