Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Add a colormatched red lip to it.

The picture makes it look like its all tire.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
did you use flat or semi gloss? Flat looks kinda tacky and is very hard to clean

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
use 1 or 2 lint-free cloths and a little paint thinner and make that aluminum lip to make it stand out more.

After that, a good shot of clear coat. (1, 5oz Can per wheel should be enough)

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
I like that better than the stock 15" color, nice choice!

·
That Iowa Guy
6,147 Posts
looks good, i've been wanting to do the same to mine, but less in a flat black and more in a glossy finish

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
I'm just never going to clean my wheels again ever, they should be that color soon enough and at no cost and zero effort on my part [:D]

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hey your car looks just like mine. I painted my rims semi-gloss black when I first got it, but I modified my center caps. I think the stock center caps look tacky on this style rim. You can look in my gallery and see some older pics of what I did to my center caps.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
No offense dude, but that is why I hate black wheels. They get lost with the tire especially if the car is black. Maybe it is just the camera, but I could barely yell you how many spokes you even have. I'm not feeling them.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
probably will be mistaken for steelies..but it looks ok, get some smoked signals, some headlights, drop and i think it would go better with a theme

·
Registered
301 Posts
how did you prep your wheels? Did you sand them with like 5 differnt sizes of sand paper, wash, then paint?
I like it. anything to make the car more unique, and black wheels look nice with red (im considering on my blazing copper)
hey maby if you painted calipers red to match your car then it would make them seem more like rims and less like steel wheels to people your flyin by...

·
Registered
11 Posts
i got a set of those painted gunmetal with a polished lip...they look cool..i get lots of compliments..id post a pic..but im over seas right now...[:(] i miss my car

·
Registered
278 Posts
looks good but it needs to be really shiny. i have mine painted black with a nice gloss

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
looks good...although i am biased since i painted mine in January...now i'm waiting on my new wheels to come in....

·
Registered
209 Posts
If Black rims are not done RIGHT then whenever i see them it makes me think of just steel rims that someone lost their hubcap for or a doughnut rim!

Sorry i dont like it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts