Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I would like to share the dyne sheet which is compare between stock tune and Tom's tune. My Focus mods are headers, 2.0' exhaust pipe, Fswerks air filter. Apart from this, I still finding some mods to give more power to my car if anyone know what to add more please suggest me.

Tom's tune make me feel more fun to drive, better transmission shifting logics, faster and quicker shifts.

Bodin

Attachments

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
My Focus mods are headers, 2.0' exhaust pipe, Fswerks air filter.

All that for a 5hp gain....damn it's disapointing....

Maybe because your car from thailand is different but here especially with headers where looking for 175hp at least

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I Would like to gain more than 5 hp also. My Focus is the same as the U.S. spec with 170hp and 202nm on the sheet(not a wheel horse power) and Dual Clutch transmission. Hope he can raise the number in the future. He suggest me to add 2.5" exhaust pipe.

·
FF Affiliate
31,092 Posts
All that for a 5hp gain....damn it's disapointing....

Maybe because your car from thailand is different but here especially with headers where looking for 175hp at least
Disappointing ? what are you basing that off of , I am please with the gain , you failed to mention a 8 pound foot of TQ ans its the TQ gain that you want most not the HP

Tom

·
Registered
990 Posts
I find it funny how people judge a tune solely based on horsepower gains.
We I had my 09 tuned it not only increased the HP, but made the car much more drivable.

I would pay for a tune just for the improved drivability. Especially with the DCT trans.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
I find it funny how people judge a tune solely based on horsepower gains.
We I had my 09 tuned it not only increased the HP, but made the car much more drivable.

I would pay for a tune just for the improved drivability. Especially with the DCT trans.

I didn't say his tuning was shit I just said for more than 1000$ investment you wanna see numbers... trust me...

200 nm torque is equivalent to 147 ft-lbs

take a look here and compare the result...

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290655

No need to bash or flame here... forum is for opinions and I just shared mine :)

·
Registered
990 Posts
$1000!? Where are you getting that number?

I believe the tune and tuner is $500-ish.
This is a stock dyno pull to all of his kids pull.
It's a stock tune to toms tune.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
$1000!? Where are you getting that number?

I believe the tune and tuner is $500-ish.
This is a stock dyno pull to all of his kids pull.
It's a stock tune to toms tune.
My Focus mods are headers, 2.0' exhaust pipe, Fswerks air filter.
^ this + the 500$ tom's tune...

There's so many factors that Tom cannot control outside the tune (every focus are different, some will respond better to the tuning... some will increase marginally depending of the setup, air temp, humidity, sea level, parts, etc), I understand that and that's why I never intended to bash on Tom's work...

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Like I said this isn't a nine stock focus pull be a fully modded pull. It's a stock TUNE vs tom's tune.
Where did you see that is car is stock?

I'm not talking about tune since the beginning... the mods!!

·
Registered
990 Posts
The TUNE was stock in the dyno comparo. So the 5 hp increase wasn't all the mods. Just the tune. The tune isn't a disappointment.

The overall increase for all the mods might be a disappointment in overall numbers, but who cares? The drivability of this car in particular has greatly improved!

Sorry for any spelling or typos. I have sausage fingers and a small phone.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm in a good position to talk about Tom's tune. I have 2 focuses. One is a 2013 5 speed, all stock. The other one is a 2014 5 speed, FRPP CAI, E-Focus RMM, Tuned on 91 octane. The 2014 is significantly faster and better to drive, I mean way better to drive. Good on gas too.

Think what you want, but I'm here to testify that the Tom's tune (150$, not 500$ like it has been mentionned) has way more torque and response than the stock Focus.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Hi everyone, I would like to share the dyne sheet which is compare between stock tune and Tom's tune. My Focus mods are headers, 2.0' exhaust pipe, Fswerks air filter. Apart from this, I still finding some mods to give more power to my car if anyone know what to add more please suggest me.

Tom's tune make me feel more fun to drive, better transmission shifting logics, faster and quicker shifts.

Bodin
Good to hear man. I'm still considering doing a tune when the funds become available. I'm looking for better drivability more than HP. I think you got some good numbers out of the tune considering it's a NA engine. I would suggest a bigger exhaust for sure. from what i've seen if you bump your's up to a 2.5 inch with the mods you already have you should be over 170 WHP.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Is the torque measured in foot lbs? For having a header I would've thought you power would be up more. Unexpected results..

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
(150$, not 500$ like it has been mentionned) has way more torque and response than the stock Focus.
This was including the SCT programming device...

we were talking about the overall money he put into the car

·
Registered
167 Posts
I was kinda surprised the #'s were not higher given the mods. I would agree with getting a 2.5" exhaust. I've been waiting on picking out an exhaust before I get a tune, and I will most likely go with Tom's because of good reviews I have read on here.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts