Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heyy,

I currently have a fully stock, automatic, 2011 Focus SE (sedan) and I really want to increase it's performance. Any suggestions? Thanks all!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Welcome to FF

I moved this to a performance section for your engine type, wheels/tires & the brakes/suspension/chassis areas are other good sections to check as improving the handling is the best bang for the buck Mod. you can do to these.

Have fun looking around, Check MkII area & the showroom section for ideas as well.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Heyy,

I currently have a fully stock, automatic, 2011 Focus SE (sedan) and I really want to increase it's performance. Any suggestions? Thanks all!
How far do you want to go? A intake, tune & poly dogbone & then do a suspension upgrade= springs, dampers, add a 25mm rear sway bar, svt front brakes (300mm rotors/svt calipers) bolt right on. Happy modding.[thumb]

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
The rear swaybar (from early 00s wagon) made a HUGE difference on my Focus. Turned it into a completely different car - they all need these from the factory!

Poly dogbone increased fun factor ... but I have a 5 speed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I really wish mine was manual and not automatic. I personally know little about cars but I really want to learn and be able to work on my own car. What would be something smaller and kind of easy ti start with?

·
Registered
20 Posts
A tuner can also make the automatic slightly more bearable by changing shift points, and pressure to shift harder

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
^^^^ prob. the best single mod for get up & go, particularly for the automatic.

Check out FocusPower in the Vendors section.

·
Registered
378 Posts
A tuner can also make the automatic slightly more bearable by changing shift points, and pressure to shift harder
^^^^ prob. the best single mod for get up & go, particularly for the automatic.

Check out FocusPower in the Vendors section.
I HATE the way my car shifts. I'm in rush hour traffic 5 days a week in Oklahoma City and I usually turn overdrive off and sometimes I drop it in low because it just bangs through all four grears by 20 mph. Up shift, Up shift, OD... Down shift, down shift, up shift.. . Ugh.

How much does a tune improve that? [wrenchin]

Its like Ford tried so hard to get these cars to 40mpg that it is tripping over itself to get in those high gears as soon as physically possible.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Its like Ford tried so hard to get these cars to 40mpg that it is tripping over itself to get in those high gears as soon as physically possible.[/QUOTE said:
All manufacturers try to do this now. Fuel economy is a big selling point and this car is manufactured and sold as an a to b econo box. A tune will help, but be realistic with your goals. Unless you are ready to part with some serious coin, it is kind of like modding an old klr250. Have fun in OKC. I'm in no hurry to go back.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Exhaust, cold air kit, and tune.

My trans programming sucks also, it takes forever to up shift under certain load conditions. Plus any hint of the gas pedal makes it drop out of overdrive, its darn annoying and not good for fuel mileage. I could use a firmer shift and better shift schedule.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I would do pulleys and a header, which you still won't feel after 3 days. Skip everything else unless your already have done cams and head work.

I guess depending on your car you COULD do a tune, even though at WOT your trans pressure is already at max so it can't get any firmer, I guess you could drag the gear out a little longer (which sucks because our cars start loosing power at 6k).

·
FF Affiliate
31,091 Posts
I would do pulleys and a header, which you still won't feel after 3 days. Skip everything else unless your already have done cams and head work.

I guess depending on your car you COULD do a tune, even though at WOT your trans pressure is already at max so it can't get any firmer, I guess you could drag the gear out a little longer (which sucks because our cars start loosing power at 6k).
I am kind of lost why you say his trans psi is at max if he doesnt have a tune ? I can make it much firmer with a tune you just have to know how to do it

Tom

·
Registered
523 Posts
Intake, exhaust, tune, lower motor mount, then figure out whag direction you wanna go. Lenntech has a valve body for the 4F27E that will improve shifting. It is no longer on their website but just email them for it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts