Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put all my stock parts in a box and I need to put the stock TB back on for a bit and I can't seem to remember if it had a gasket or not. There isn't one in my box, but i keep thinking there was one.

·
Registered
456 Posts
If I remember correctly, isn't the gasket built into the bottom of the TB?

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
yeah, it's built into the bottom. it's not a gasket as much as it is an o-ring kinda setup. flip over the stock TB and you'll see that lil' blue rubber piece. that's the gasket.

jeremy, just make sure you don't re-thread the screws that hole the TB into the intake. it's platics, and won't take too well to being messed with a bunch of times.

why r u playing with your TB, anyway? if you need a new stock one or a ported one, let me know. i'll give you either pretty cheap.

Mike

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm removing my Iceman, and FC tb for now so I can figure out what is wrong with my car. People have been talking about the fuel pump and having loss of power, hesitation problems around right hand corners and such. Well, I have a huge loss of power at all times. So I figured I put the stock stuff back on to see if maybe that helped, plus I wont get any grief at the dealership when I take it in to get checked out........also the throttle is sticking on my TB, and I need to get it smogged. It is no fun at all driving right now with the loss of power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts