Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pricing out sway bars for my focus. I'm wondering if the SVT sway bars are any good as far as performance goes? I like the Eibach SB's but they are pretty $$$$$$

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Moved to the suspension chat area and fixed the misspelling in the title.

Having had both sway bars it's easy to say the Eibachs worked better and made it corner a little flatter. Turn in seemed much better too with the front end. It feels very balance with both the front and rear Eibachs. Like stock but turned up a notch or two.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Moved to the suspension chat area and fixed the misspelling in the title.

Having had both sway bars it's easy to say the Eibachs worked better and made it corner a little flatter. Turn in seemed much better too with the front end. It feels very balance with both the front and rear Eibachs. Like stock but turned up a notch or two.
Ah, Thanks. Didn't notice. I'll most likely hold for either Eibach's or H&R's

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Ah, Thanks. Didn't notice. I'll most likely hold for either Eibach's or H&R's
Pass on the H&R's, you don't need or want a 24mm front bar. Eibach's 22/25mm is a perfect match.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
OEM SVT is 21mm and 21mm. It's is an upgrade from the stock Focus. But, the Eibachs are the better upgrade.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pass on the H&R's, you don't need or want a 24mm front bar. Eibach's 22/25mm is a perfect match.
I have a buddy who is selling some H&R's used for the same price as a lot of used iebachs. Are you saying there too expensive for just street use or, they are crap products?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Yea, you can use the rear H&R bar. The purpose of adding a bar is to add roll stiffness & on a fwd car you'll want the roll stiffness at the rear, not the front. A bigger rear bar will tranfer dia. weight to the inside front tire for better traction out of the corners. A bigger front bar will add roll stiffness to the front & on a fwd car you don't want that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts