Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard about using the stock svt header on the zx3 but will it work? is it harder to put on? And what do I need?

I found these to things on ebay that sparked my interest. Take a look and tell me what you think.
4645847733---- header
4645848545----- cat.

Logan

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
yes it will work. you have to get the kit that has the egr bung already welded on. you can get it through mcnewsautomotive.com its not harder than any other header. you will need the header kit, comes with new svt dipstick to fit the setup, new egr tubing, gaskets. you need to get the custom cat that mcnews has that fits perfectly with that setup. plus a new flexpipe will be better. it's a real expensive setup but it is the best all around header for the focus. i have the kit, cat, and flex and i paid around 900 for it. didn't install yet but i can't wait.

MIKE

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i was looking to save a little bit of cash. so if I were to buy that header it wouldn't work because it needs the egr bung?

Logan

·
Registered
921 Posts
McNews is the way to go for sure. They'll give you everything you'll need to do the exhaust up to the flexpipe.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
If you know how to weld, it would work as you could drill a hole and weld a bung in it.

The way to go is either with the whole set-up from Mcnews or Contact V6focus ( focussalvage.com )and see if he has a used one for you.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My uncle does have a MIG welder and I have the outlet for it in my garage because of my dads kilen. I'll try focus salvage but I haven't heard to many good things about thier shipping latley.
Edit: they want 150 for it with out te bung. I'll see if I can get one put in cheap. I dont have the tools to tap it, and I have only seen it done once.
Logan

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Yes, if you get the SVT header and cat then you will also need the SVT flex to bolt it up. If you just get the SVT header then you can get a high flow cat from mcnews that will connect the header to your stock flex pipe.

·
Registered
921 Posts
madmark10 said:
i got a question, howw off is it trying to put the svt header on the duratec
Won't work on the Dtec...unless you want your exhaust coming out the front... [:D]

If you do decide to hack and weld, just be sure to weld the egr bung axactly where it meets up with the header, and you may have to modify the egr tube to reach. I think the stock egr tube might have to be bent an extra 1/2 inch to reach. You may also wanna bend the #1 primary in a little bit to give some clearance for the power steering line, or just move the line towards the front of the car. Also, the heat shield is a bitch to get in, I had to cut it horizontally about 4-5 inches from the bottom so I could squeeze it in. Shit was getting real hot without it, but after I finally got it in, things have cooled down greatly. The shield really works quite well, I can't feel any heat until I get about an inch away. Don't forget you're also gonna need extension harnesses for the o2 sensors because they won't reach under the engine for the SVT cat. My recommendation would be to save up and get the McNews kit, because they've got all this stuff covered and make it a bolt on kit.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
erm that a lot of work. but ill see if the dealership could help me out and use thier lift make life a little easier. but thanks a lot.

Logan

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
ya i just installed the kit and in 2 days the power steerin line burst. :/ ya i know. do you guys know of how much it would cost to have someone put the svt line on??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts