Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my idea is to remove the stock sub and amp and replace it with aftermarket sub and amp along with a new head unit(dont care about steering wheel controls)...has anyone else done this and how did it work for you and if you have pictures that would be great to..-thanks

·
Registered
487 Posts
Do you want to put a sub in the stock subwoofer box? or do you want to put in an aftermarket box.

If you put it in an aftermarket box the possibilities are almost limitless as to what you can do and there are many pictures throughout the forum

If you want to put it in the stock subwoofer box your going to need about an 8 inch sub with a kind of shallow motor not sure the exact depth of the box but I do know that an 8 will fit in there and with some modification a 10 can go in. if you want to go bigger I know that there is aftermarket boxes you can purchase that will fit right into the stock sub box location. I know you said you dont care about steering wheel controlls but there is modules you can buy for around 60 bucks that will allow to keep them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts