Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes i did a search for a how to. there really wasnt anything but 26 things saying play with it carefully and you will get it

Now my question is...is there a write up anywhere? i really dont want to go through the hassel of buying a new amp and wiring right after buying a new Alpine HU.

Any help is highly appreciated

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
i got a wire harness from the stereo shop that that went from new HU to the stock sub. very simple install. ask a local stereo shop about it, im sure they can help

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did ask at circuit city...got nothing from them they said. the guy said that it ws impossible to hook up stock sub to aftermarket HU. but i have seen people on here do it. by any chance do you know the part number for the wire harness you bought?

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay i read all that. i have the right wiring harness already hooked up and everything like that.

i have 24ft of RCA cable. i read the step through on how to do it. does it later in the thread say what to do with the other end of the cable?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aaah never mind. i read more indepth in the thread. i didnt know what to do with the other end of the RCA with the connecter, but i do now! Thanks for pressuring me into reading more lol.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm glad that the 05 and up Focus have a plug in connector to use the factory audiophile sub with an aftermarket HU.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lucky...yeah i just did the install of the RCA wire...new question...how do i get rid of the wierd sound the sub makes?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not yet...just read up on how to do it. its rather freakin annoyin lol. question though...why is it that my sub barely works? i read somewhere that if you take 2 RCA ends and splice them together to stick in both red and white you will get the sub sounding better...true or not true?

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
Check your Alpine audio settings. Read some more...hehehe.....On mine, there are 2 sub woofer settings, System 1, and System 2. I chose system 1 and the sub works great now. Check to see if you have those settings.

Also check to see if Sound Defeat in enabled...if it is...disable it. To get the Sub really working, you may have to increase the Bass to 10, and increase the Subwoofer from 1-15. Your choice.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i tried all that and the sub still barely works. when i turn up the bass it just sounds like crap from the speakers. and there is almost no difference when i turn the sub from 1-15 or anywhere in that power range

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok. im splicing 2 RCA ends into one and going to ground them out by taking like 18 guage wiring and wrapping it around each end of the RCA's then grounding them on the HU at a screw farthest away from the other wires...specially power wires

1 - 15 of 15 Posts