Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday i picked up my 2002 SVT CD Silver Focus, i love everything about it, it has the subwoofer in back and all but i noticed it doesnt work. I have the single disk cd player in the dash, so it seems maybe the original 6-disk unit was replaced at one point? Do i have to have the Six disk unit to have the sub work? I took out the stereo to see if could see the same colored wires connected to the back but none could be found. I double checked all connections from on the sub and checked the fuse, they all seemed ok. Any suggestions ideas or what not would help me out a lot. From the looks of it the sub was always there not added after the fact, which is cool but maybe i have to get the six disk stereo to get it to work?

thanks,
matt=

·
Registered
515 Posts
Yup, you have to have the 6 disc changer for the Audiophile system to work. Sounds like somebody ripped you off a lil bit, and replaced it with the cheaper single disc. Time to go shopping on eBay...

·
Registered
26 Posts
contact sound gate for factory pin configuration on sub plug and connect high level into that with a low pas crossover at 50hz, they have a integration plug that will work, locsuba its called.... you can make it work.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What i think happend is the kid who had it before me had an aftermarket head unit in the car and then when he had to get rid of it he car he just found any stock stereo. Hmm..any idea if i replace the stock one i with an aftermarket if the sub will work?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Technically, yes I guess you could get it to work, but you'd have to understand the wiring of the stock sound system. It's not impossible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts