Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If it's too loud, your too old right? Well everytime I turn my volume control up on my stock stereo (6 disc changer) on my '03 SVT EAP nothing happens or works in reverse. I assume it's an Autophile even tho it doesnt say it. The only way to control the volume is via the steering wheel controls. Anyone have this problem or know of a solution?

·
Trump 2016
12,965 Posts
The 9006 model is known to go bad. You have 2 options. Purchase a used one or buy new one. Replaced mine with a kenwood with bluetooth. Cost was around 300 that came with the Axxess ASWC which you will need to have stalk control to work.

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
They no longer use a volume control that is a simple variable resistor. It's a rotary digital encoder and it has worn out, they often begin to work backwards like that.

I changed one once at a cost of like $2 for the part but the soldering skills needed there are pretty big, very easy to damage the close components on that PCB. Visteon 6006 model.

I would not buy used of the same, here in the heat in Texas they crumble the front black plastic to dust and then the front tabs break and the entire front of the unit comes loose and scrap. The CD portion does the same, likely that you pop the top cover and pieces of plastic from the metal plate covering all over the place.

Mine lasted 3 more years after the volume fix and then died, a simple $50 JVC unit went right in at half the size and works better than the original did.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts