Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have the stock 6 CD changer in your car or even the single disc, have you noticed when you turn it up fairly loud the bass starts to go away and all you really hear is the vocals and other intruments but NO bass... I tried it with the compress feature on and off but no difference really... can someone help me out with changing this???

·
Registered
316 Posts
I noticed that with the stock audiophile system... as the volume goes up... the bass gets attenuated...replace the stock deck with aftermarket and the problem goes away..

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it's all just in the head unit??? I like the 6 disc Cd changer so I probably won't change it but it kinda annoys me that I paid for the damn sony audiophile system and there is barely any bass at higher volumes. [rolleyes]

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yeah i didnt like that feature either... but its probably to keep people form blowing them...

I liked having the changer in the dash... but i decided to change the stock out for a pioneer and a 12 disk changer.. the changer fits great under the passenger seat... i can still reach it at least..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts