Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my stock side skirts are that hard plastic and their black and the color of my car is malibu blue.. I see alot of focus' that dont have a body kit but the stock sideskirts are the same color as the car and look shiny... as well as the bumper... DO i have to buy that stuff or do people just paint them???? Wut do I do

·
Registered
433 Posts
most cars i see have the plastic black side skirts....mine actually has none but the frame underneath that shows is painted, so that may be what you see when they are the same color. IDK why mine doesnt have sideskirts tho.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I don't have them and honestly have never been too close to them, so I can't vouch for this 100%, but they're probably the same material as the side trim or the front bumper, both of which are paintable. That leaves you open to having it professionally painted, or doing it yourself. I'd iamgine for a job like this you could even use cans of paint, though I've always used guns to paint my stuff so I can't really vouch for the color matching abilities of spray paint...

Whatever you do, remember it's down low. Do it right, because it's gonna get hit by a lot of shit. Hopefully someone who knows what the thing is made of will come in here. You'll probably want to sand, prime, get it with several layers of paint and several layers of clearcoat to make sure it can deal with the rocks the road will spit at it.

·
FoFo Quebec!
1,486 Posts
FYI they stop putting them on at the end of 2002. Many people simply just paint them.
Happy moddin' [thumb]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts