Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Moved to ”Ford Focus Technical Chat”...
AFAIK, it should be same length for all ZETEC engines with A/C.

Is your's broken, and can't get to the Dealer or other parts store for a new one?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
84.1" to 84.2"

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking at possibly getting Powder's UDP (from TeamZX2.com). He said he wanted to know the stock serpentine lenght so that he could tell me if he had the proper size for me. Still don't know that I want to do a UDP though... I keep hearing bad things over here but, when I had my ZX2 I felt a big difference with a zxtuner UDP. And all the ZX2 guys push them so...

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Whats so bad about them? The only issue i have ever heard of is the alt charging, but if you have a tuner, you can kick up the idle slightly and fix that.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never said there was anything bad about them. I just keep hearing that it's not worth it on the focus... Any idea how big of a system you can have with a UDP and not have charging issues? That's right I'm jacking my own thread.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
lol, i really couldnt answer that, but you will need to kick the idle up to keep it charging correctly. I have the sctII and kicked mine up to just about 1k rpm. Really cant tell that the rpm is any higher but charges perfectly all the time. Im running the FRPP udp ,also same as Esslinger.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This udp is smaller then those ones... It's custom made by one of the Zx2 guys... And, I don't have a tune yet... I don't know that I'm going to be able to get one any time soon either...

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
You would def have a charging issue then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts