Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys.

lately we went with about 5 focis 2 check how much horsepower we got. there was also a friend of mine with his STOCK focus rs.

it is said, that the focus rs have 215hp

now check what his car has! and remember. it is still stock, no mods on the engine done on this day!

an incredible 241hp with an stock rs engine!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Remember that's measured (according to that pic of the computer screen) using DIN standards. When you convert that number to U.S. SAE standards, it works out to about 237 horsepower. Not much of a "loss" though, and still a lot more than what Ford is claiming. Sounds like the SRT-4 - making a lot more power than the company claims, probably for insurance reasons.

·
Registered
161 Posts
What!!!! My G!!!

Here Greek RS have about 220.

241???

Jesus....

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i`ve driven the car twice and all i can say is woow! i guess my friend just picked a reeeally good one!

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
Ummmm......I want one!!!!!!
-Joe

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
thats wierd i've never seen a car dynoed higher then the company says

·
Registered
6 Posts
The SRT has dynoed higher than what was stated stock. Then there are factory freaks. I guess I didn't mention yet that I am green with envy and that I want one yesterday.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Holy crap!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@piranha

no, suhe did the test...really no mods on it! everything stock!

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
excuse me while i wipe the drool off my keyboarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdd drip drip he he he. The world's BEST car IMO, If I had $1 million, the RS would still top my list. Mainly coz it's impossible to get here and not one single person who saw it would know what it was for quite a while... niiice

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
thats amazing. wish mine was the same in hp

·
The Professor
2,664 Posts
Just think guys. SVT is feeling pressured by the SRT-4 and the WRX, etc. and is concidering afoced induction SVT in the near future. SVT loves to fib about the HP ratings on its forced induction cars...

·
Registered
798 Posts
I think Ford is going to wait and see how the New Mustang performes, so they can make a big enough gap for the Focus. The ratings on the next Mustang V8 are all just assumptions. So when Ford gets the Mustang straighen out then they will know what they can do with the Focus. So probably 6 months after the Mustang is realeased then they will bring out another SVT Focus.

·
Registered
456 Posts
sydneyzetec said:
excuse me while i wipe the drool off my keyboarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdd drip drip he he he. The world's BEST car IMO, If I had $1 million, the RS would still top my list. Mainly coz it's impossible to get here and not one single person who saw it would know what it was for quite a while... niiice
I gotta agree with ya...

241... *drool*

1 - 20 of 20 Posts