Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all-

before a flame war is started, I've used the search function...

I just picked up a low-mile '02 SVTF, and I believe it has been lowered, but would like to check what the height *SHOULD* be (from the floor to the fender lip above the tires).

the reason I ask is I currently race a few mustangs in SCCA autox (mustang SVOs), and the SVTF is to replace them. I need to verify I'm running stock height springs (needed to run in a stock class)

thanks FF!!

-Phil

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
If no one has answered this by tomorrow I'll have you an answer...don't wanna go outside in my shorts and barefeet this late at night to measure that, lol.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
yeah most people are asleep, but you can check the springs the often if its been lowerd the coils on the spring are closer together (compared to stock)when its not bering any wieght.
or better yet some of the brands use colour poweder coating. so it might be yellow or red, the stock springs are black.

its a start good luck
Logan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys-

I checked the springs while I was test driving the car, they are black- so I'm still in the dark if the car has been lowered or not (the springs might have been cut)

thanks all!

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
25.5" from ground to fender in the center of the front fender is what I measured.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks- it looks like mine is lowered then.

time to buy some stock springs!!

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
How low is yours? Also, take a pic and post it. It could just be that we measured in different places or how one of ours is resting.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll post a pic in the morning, and also how I measured it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, here are the pics. the front measures 24 1/2, and the rear at 25 1/2

looking at the springs, they appear to have Eibach part numbers on them (3588.101). it also has eibach struts, so I'm assumg it has the Eibach pro-system on it.

thanks for you help!

Attachments

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
It does appear that it has been lowered but not by much. So you're probably right in guessin the eibach kit....I don't think that kit lowers very much.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Here's a shot of mine when it was brand new:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/gallery/data/509/5157home1.jpg

Note the fender gap.
Pretty much exactly what I'm seeing in your pics.

Measuring our cars isn't going to help much, though you might get a general idea.
Different tires, tire pressures, and tire sizes can all affect those numbers.
Let alone, manufacturing tolerances.

I'd also add, It's much more accurate to measure from the center of the wheel to the fender,
not from the ground.

But...if you already found an Eibach part number...I guess you got your answer. [;)]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts