Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
stock flex pipe on a catback exhaust

I am wondering if it is possible to use the stock flex pipe and cat when installing a catback exhaust. I currently have a ford racing shorty header and am in the process of ordering the borla center exit exhaust. Do I really need to get a new flex pipe and hi flow cat or could I hold off for a while on spending an extra 260-300??? Im just wondering what my best option would be.

·
Registered
155 Posts
you can run a stock flex no problem. it will restrict flow but if cash is limited you CAN get by like that.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah, i have the Focus Sport cat-back on my factory flex and cat. I'm gonna hold off on finishing my exhaust system until i'm done with my suspension. I'm probably gonna pay a visit to Focus Sport again and then New Edge.[thumb]

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
sojirou whats done to your car?? what tires are you running?

·
Registered
105 Posts
besthaticouldo said:
sojirou whats done to your car?? what tires are you running?
I have;

Go;
Custom SRI Intake w/ K&N cone filter, FS 8mm Spark wires, Grounding wire & voltage Stabilizer kit, FS Exhaust.

Show;
Custom EVO Style hood, eyelids, debadged, blacked-out Ford symbol

Soon (within the week) i'll have a front stress bar, tinted tails and tinted grill indicators and within the next month i'll have the FS UDP. As for the tires, i'm running basically showroom floor rubber with steel rims but my dad back in colorado made me a deal; If i stop working on gaining HP and start workin on suspension then he'll buy me any rims/tire package i want from discount tire co. (he says he has credit there). so yeah, free rims and performance rubber? can't pass that up. If you're concerned with the 1/4 mile times that i have posted, it's mainly because i'm in alaska, at sea level and i had around 32psi in front tires, since then i've been able to come close (16.05, 16.12 sec) but i haven't been able to break it....which makes me kinda sad.[:(]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts