Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Ford Focus SE
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon. I’m looking to run a 4 gauge power wire through my firewall for an amp install. I’ve been told that drilling is the easiest bet, but I am looking for a pre-existing grommet or passage in the stock focus. To my understanding, there must be a way for power from the battery to reach the interior, and I think it would be easiest to run my power cable along the same line. Does anyone know where this run is, or a similar firewall grommet?

I’m driving a 2007 Ford Focus SE auto.

·
Registered
16,191 Posts
You'll have to make your own hole that size, nothing that big goes through the wall. Power cables by then have been split up to be smaller. No hole exists that big, it would be a water leak for sure driving in storms.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
To my understanding, there must be a way for power from the battery to reach the interior, and I think it would be easiest to run my power cable along the same line. Does anyone know where this run is, or a similar firewall grommet?

I’m driving a 2007 Ford Focus SE auto.
I dont think you will find a 4 AWG wire in a factory stock 2000-2007 Focus. The battery and starter cables are 6 AWG because they are relatively short.

All of the power wiring between the engine compartment and the passenger compartment of the vehicle go through two 40 pin connectors (sometimes one is not used) on the drivers side firewall behind the CJB. Each of these 40 pin connectors have 12 large sized pin/socket contacts capable of taking up to 12 AWG wires.

If you really need a 4 AWG wire into the passenger compartment then as amc49 has told you you will need to make your own pass thru.

Good luck
Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts