Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently came across a set of light housings off of a European Ford Focus that has the HID low beam and LED eyebrow as well as the clear housing. It looks sweet but the tough part seems to be trying to get it to work on a North American Focus. There are only 5 active pins in the light housing on the NA headlamp whereas on the Euro headlamp has 11.

I'm not an electrician by any means so trying to rewire my car is pretty much out of the question. Is there anyway to make these work in a NA focus? I'd be open to getting a new wiring harness if that is what it takes but I have a feeling the other end of the harness might not be wired the same way as a European Focus.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
I'm not sure where the threads are, but there should be one or two... use the search or advanced seach to those "how-to" threads.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
That's quite a find. Hopefully you can get them to mount up. Do you have a picture of them?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pics

That's quite a find. Hopefully you can get them to mount up. Do you have a picture of them?
I mounted one on the car just to take a look see. They look damn sharp!!! I'll be sad if I can't get it to work. If I just plug it in all that works is the LED eyebrow and the high beams.

Attachments

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
These are pnp on our 13' ST. We have tried a set already. The corner lights do not work however.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
You should be able to use focccus software to change the bcm to make them work then. Thats what you have to do with the ST3 lights to get them to work on halogen equipped cars.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You should be able to use focccus software to change the bcm to make them work then. Thats what you have to do with the ST3 lights to get them to work on halogen equipped cars.
Hmm. Would I have to go to the dealer to get that done? If so would they do it? I'd imagine I would probably need a different wiring harness as well. Perhaps the ST wiring harness since one of the other posters indicated that these could plug and play on an ST.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
For the ST hesdlights you dont need a diffrrent harness. And you dont.need to go to a dealer to do that. Look up the focccus thread it will tell you how to download the prohram and get the right hardware. Its not difficult at all. There are settings to change your bulb/headlight type in there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts