Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
those bushings are good for all the cars but the thing is it really stiffens up the car. I have used this on my car and it vibrated more then what it did before so i stuck to the stock one. It cured that vibration on my car lol after having it on the car for awhile. U are gonna need a shop or someone to press them in and press out the old ones.

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
You mean it is loose now? I have a hard time believing that a stock mount lasts longer than a poly, unless it was defective. What brand did you have?

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when I said aftermarket I mean crap stock mount replacement from autozone instead of oem ford part. I was just looking at the ones in the link.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Getting the poly inserts and getting pressed in will definitely be cheaper the one from Ford. From Ford the stock mount is almost $80. There will be a little bit more vibration but only when idling. After a week or so you won't even notice it. If you do go with the poly inserts, shop around a little bit to get them pressed in. I wouldn't pay me then $15 to get them pressed. It only takes 5 minutes.

As far was a part number for the oem one. You shouldn't need it. Go to Parts at a dealership. They'll know what you mean by dog bone mount.

EDIT: part number is listed on CFM - YS4Z-6068-MA

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
^^^^ get the VF engineering one & be done w/ it! It anchor's your motor from rocking back & forth, so w/ that you will have smoother shift's & your not whipping out your other mount's too. A little vib's for a lot more, try a 23 w/ BSD at idle= no big deal!

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
I have a used VF billet motor mount that needs new bushings that I will sell you. $40 shipped, then buy the bushings from fswerks ($40) and you have an unbreakable mount for $80. Really improves shift feel.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 9 of 9 Posts