Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas on how many miles a stock duratec clutch is "supposed to last", I've got 37,000 ad i think its going out... no slippage yet but the pedal is up top

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
i had 40,000 on mine (9k boosted) before i changed it. it still was working great, only slipped at 9-10psi.. anything less and it would hold fine..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Any ideas on how many miles a stock duratec clutch is "supposed to last", I've got 37,000 ad i think its going out... no slippage yet but the pedal is up top

I had about 25k on my stock clutch before it started slipping, but I was also kinda rough on it for that 25k. I suprised it actually lasted that long. But I took it in to the dealer and told them that it was slipping and hard to get into gear. Well turns out that they had a TSB on this for my car. So it was warrentied [:D] So now i'm just taking it easy on this stock clutch until I upgrade I guess lol. Clutch and flywheel set ups are kinda pricey for these cars.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
i would assume it will last the life of ur car. it ALL depends on ur driving habits. if you drive 50 miles one way to work all highway, it will outlast the car. if its all city and hard accellerations and hard shifts, then a heck of alot shorter!!

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
mine lasted 6k due to the common problem of the master cylinder failing...that seems to be the most common cause of failure on these cars, not driving them hard as would be expected..

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
if you need a new one and arent making more than 240whp id suggest the exedy oem kit from focussport. holds the power and is only $425 for clutch and flywheel

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
i have about 27000 on mine and the pedal is realy soft. well i wouldnt say soft but there is a lot of slack in it . i was driving about 3 months ago and the pedal made a poping noise when i pushed it down and ever sence that the pedal has been realy sloppy. any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got 54xxx miles on mine and no problems yet. Half the time I drive it like I stole it ;D

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
i have about 27000 on mine and the pedal is realy soft. well i wouldnt say soft but there is a lot of slack in it . i was driving about 3 months ago and the pedal made a poping noise when i pushed it down and ever sence that the pedal has been realy sloppy. any ideas?
maaaaaster cylllllllinderrrr!

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
take it to the dealer soon before catastrophic failure happens or you run out of warranty lol

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
^^ thanks for that input, im on my way to the dealer this week, the people at the dealer are going to start to hate me cause i was in there yesterday to get new lugnuts cause 7 of the lug nuts caps fell off while i was driving.lol

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
yeah the stock ones are so crappy, i ended up getting aftermarket ones after they continually kept falling apart

·
Registered
465 Posts
i have an 06 d20 mtx w/ 17XXX and its fine right now but when i get on it(drive it like i stole it) the clutch pedal feels crapy for a day or 2 and then it feels fine!? any ideas??

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
air in the hydraulic lines? i had a huge issue with that as well and the dealer bled it out many many times and it has eventually gone away

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
god i cant wait to get rid of my stock clutch... my throwout bearing is causing me to go insane.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
yeah at idle. its almost like i have a hampster in the bell housing trying to get out. lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts