Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything about the model number on stock Ford head units that tell you what year or model you can swap out. My stock CD is dead and a new aftermarket head unit isn't in the budget right now. I was hoping to score a used one on ebay/craigslist or at one of the local salvage yards to keep it on the cheap and simple, but it looks like some that resemble my stock unit don't have the hardware on the sides to mount directly.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
2005-2007 is what you are looking for. Craigslist is your friend. Alpine and Kenwood have very affordable replacements.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im just trying to get something that won't need another $20 in installation stuff, so I was hoping there would be some clues in the model numbers I'm seeing to see if it's a direct fit. It seems like the ones made for the f150 or explorer of the same year have the mounts on the side closer to the front of the unit. As it turns out, just when I start to make this more complicated that it should be, an aftermarket cd popped up on CL in my price range and close to home. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts